Meopta vs Leupold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meopta vs Leupold

I have a Leupold VX5HD CDS ZL2 2-10x42 on order but it’s going to be several weeks to be shipped. I can get a Meopta Meostar R1 4-12x40 or 3-10x50 or a Meostar R2 1.7-10x42.

Not real familiar with Meopta but their name keeps coming up on several forums I’m on and seem to be highly regarded. Would you stick with the Leupold or go with one of the Meopta’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the optika 6 2.5-15 and it has been great so far. The r2 is supposed to be even better. The optika 6 has solid clicks and clear glass. Leupold are solid no matter what model you get. If weight isn't a concern the athlon ares btr 2.5 -15 ffp is excellent. I have it as well. Look at cameraland deals.

Comment

Meopta is very solid glass. I have had scopes from Nikon, Vortex, Leopold, etc... and Meopta is my favorite for the price right now. I have a Meopta Meopro 6.5-20x50 HTR strapped to my 300wm right now loaded in the truck to make a 6 hour road trip to hunt. I didnt know much about them until I kept seeing them mentioned and decided to do some research. I am very impressed.

Comment

Czech made and they manufacture zeiss conquest scopes. I have the meopro series and they are Czech made and assembled in Florida. Great scopes

An in-depth look at the Meopta rifle scope models, including an overview of each scope model, and the lowest prices we could find for Meopta scopes.
        Last edited by Leaverrite; 11-12-2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
          Czech made and they manufacture zeiss conquest scopes. I have the meopro series and they are Czech made and assembled in Florida. Great scopes

https://riflescope-review.com/meopta-rifle-scopes/
          And typically more reliable than newer Leupolds. Plus Leupold CS is not what it was. Still fairly solid but longer wait times, no custom shop. Less personal...

Comment

Those leupold HD’s in my opinion is one of the best glass out there. I’ve got 3 of them

Comment

Stick with the Lupy!

Comment

I like my Meopta Optika 6 better than any other scope I have. Better glass in my opinion than my Leupold VX3i, Vortex Viper and Sig Tango 4. The MeoStar R2 should be comparable to the VX5.

Comment

Meopta, no question

Comment

I ditched all 7 of my Leopold about 10 yrs ago . I have the same meopta R1 4x14x44 on all of my guns . Best investment I ever made.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

there was a guy on snipershide or long range hunting (not sure which) that did a lot of testing on scopes especially holding zero and maintaining tracking after doing some drops, banging the rifle around, etc. Leupolds were consistently one of the worst performers.

Comment

Before I bought my last scope I talked to several guys that sold optics for a living. They all picked the Meopta over the Leupold.

Comment

Working...
                        X