Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I donated 63.00

Comment

Waiting for pops to send over his info so I can start applying. Usually donate about 100$ per year with the higher end hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        What are the steps to apply? Is it all online now....or do I need to order the public hunt book and apply from there? Thanks in advance

here's the link for Drawn hunts. Browse Hunt catalog and see what type of hunt you want to do.. FYI , some E-post cards wont be open until Aug 15th.. click apply for hunt then it will prompt select dates/unit and then it will ask you to add applicant (you) then it will have you sign into you TPWD account ( if you dont have one already) then once you have signed you can just add more hunts if you know which units you want to apply for.
        Good Luck..

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Well another $84 I'll never see again.
          Originally posted by Radar View Post
          I donated 63.00
          Y’all are doing it all wrong!!!
          I donated 9 dollars last year and drew the Chap!!!

Comment

I did my part.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Y’all are doing it all wrong!!!
              I donated 9 dollars last year and drew the Chap!!!
              I'm definitely doing it wrong, been applying for 8-9 years and literally never drawn a hunt for myself. Kiddo has gotten a few youth hunts and my wife got a Balcones Canyonlands hunt, beautiful place but wasn't much for animals where we were at. Kiddo is 16 this year so I think it's his last year able to apply for youth hunts, so my seasons are about to dry up here real quick.

Comment

I was lucky enough to be gifted a lifetime hunting & fishing license, so I always apply for the higher end hunts. I figure since I am not having to pay for a license, I can donate some money for these hunts. I have a total of 31 points, but not sure how to see which categories they are in. I actually just assumed they were cumulative. Have never been drawn, but look forward to it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by SFZack View Post
                  I was lucky enough to be gifted a lifetime hunting & fishing license, so I always apply for the higher end hunts. I figure since I am not having to pay for a license, I can donate some money for these hunts. I have a total of 31 points, but not sure how to see which categories they are in. I actually just assumed they were cumulative. Have never been drawn, but look forward to it every year.
                  When you log in, click check status (even if you haven't applied yet) and it will show your points by category at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                    When you log in, click check status (even if you haven't applied yet) and it will show your points by category at the bottom.
                    I see, this adds up to what I thought I had. Thank you!

Comment

Didn't see Kickapoo Cavern State Park listed this year. Hoping my 9 GDE points might help me get drawn to something good. No luck in last year's TPWD draw.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                        Didn't see Kickapoo Cavern State Park listed this year. Hoping my 9 GDE points might help me get drawn to something good. No luck in last year's TPWD draw.
                        Anthrax wiped kickapoo out! Glen and I did the first archery hunt last year and no one saw anything and most left after the first hunt or two. I heard they cancelled the rest of the last years hunts. We found several carcasses scattered around our area. Pretty dang sad! It's a beautiful place and we had a great time anyway! Watched the bats come out one night and did the cave tour. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

If you apply for a group and get drawn everyone goes.
                          There are some places that will exceed permits #'s listed but there are some like devils river that won't, good rule of thumb is the places that don't allow standbys. Say you draw devils river towards the end of the permits being allotted and there are only 2 spots left and your group is 3 people they kick your cards out and go to the next person/group of 2.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            Every year, then the day of the draw I always think of all the money I just lost. Lol
                            Yep and they gonna keep getting mine as long as I can buy the chances.

Comment

Made my annual donation. Going in to this year with 8 points in a couple categories so hoping it works. I only apply to hunts I can add my dad on and most seem to take a lot of points even for 1 person. I’ll keep giving them my money until it works

Comment

Me and the young'un are in for 144.00. young'un is 16 but will be 17 when drawn so I reckon he'll have to pony up some ��.

No one gets to put in for squirrel. I've been putting in for squirrel every year and never drawn. Who are these people who keep bugerin up my squirrel draw? Quit doin that. It's rude. Good luck to everyone else. I'm gonna draw pronghorn this year since we didn't draw Wyoming so there's one less of those. Sorry, not sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X