Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
    I was able to view all the hunts, but I kept getting an error message when I tried to apply. I was a little bummed to not see Richland Creek WMA as an option for Archery deer. I’ve been wanting to win that hunt for a long time. Edit: Richland creek is available for E-postcard hunts and Gun Deer Either
    Think they figured out a new money raiser. I noticed Kerr is on epostcard too but you have to buy the public lands permit to enter the epostcard.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
      All draw hunts have been cancelled due to the Covid.Don't bother putting in..............and don't bother confirming this either.

DJ
      Man, that's terrible. Gonna do my part to make sure everyone sees this before they send a bunch of money in

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
        Think they figured out a new money raiser. I noticed Kerr is on epostcard too but you have to buy the public lands permit to enter the epostcard.
        It's been like that for a couple of years.

Comment

If you’re drawn for a hunt but don’t claim/pay for the permit (ie if dates won’t work out), do you lose your loyalty points for that category?

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
            I drew the Dimmitt Playa pheasant/waterfowl hunt a couple years ago. That specific site was so far away from the closest office that they just sent me a packet of information about it (map, parking, etc.) and basically said "here's all the info., send us a report with pics when you leave." The lady I spoke with was really nice, they allowed me to go up a day early to scout it out, but couldn't provide any kind of updates on water levels or anything, just the reports of the previous hunters.

The hunt area itself is supposed to be protected, but the poaching is bad up there (she even told me it was), so it's not really "protected." We had a guy that showed up to poach while we were there. When he finally saw my truck he turned around, got back in his truck, and sped off. Let her and GW know but he was in a different part of the county so I'm sure they didn't catch him. With all the empty shell hulls we saw, it gets hit much harder than the couple weekends they open it up to the public hunts.

Nobody to sit with you, no orientation or check-in or anything, and not really protected either
            did you have any luck and get anything

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              If you’re drawn for a hunt but don’t claim/pay for the permit (ie if dates won’t work out), do you lose your loyalty points for that category?
              You lose you’re points when you’re drawn, not when/if you claim it.

I was able to apply for a bunch of them this afternoon.

Comment

Can someone school me on entering as a group? I've always applied solo but want to start applying as a group with my wife, Dad and a buddy. My buddy and I each have preference points but my wife and Dad don't. How does that go? If one of us get drawn we all do?

Comment

Email just went out that they are open for applying!

Good luck to all!

Comment

I have never applied in Texas before, but after looking at the E-postcard deer archery hunts, are those for youth only? I could be reading it wrong but the age requirements make it seem like those are youth hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
                      Can someone school me on entering as a group? I've always applied solo but want to start applying as a group with my wife, Dad and a buddy. My buddy and I each have preference points but my wife and Dad don't. How does that go? If one of us get drawn we all do?
                      Cut the points in half or 3 ways for a "average". So your wife and dad will lower the total preference points.

If you apply for a group and get drawn everyone goes.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Cut the points in half or 3 ways for a "average". So your wife and dad will lower the total preference points.

If you apply for a group and get drawn everyone goes.
                        Thanks. So it doesn't matter which one of us applies. It just averages out the points? Does everyone still gain points when not drawn?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                          I’m opting out of public land and draws this year because I ain’t gonna sit hemming and hawing making plans being at the whims of closures and civil unrest.

I’m setting my mind on family land out of state, it doesn’t close.

Now I’m just thinking about hunting instead of variables, variance, and variation.
                          Why not do both? Plan on your out of state family land hunting, but also put in for some Texas Public hunts. If you get drawn, its an added bonus!

Comment

Can you apply and add a family member as a second applicant and then can they apply themself and add me as their second applicant? So in essence I can enter myself and have others enter me too?

Comment

Applied for a some draws. Not buying my APH to never use it.

Balcones Canyon Lands Deer
                              Laguna Atascosita Archery Exotic and general deer
                              Lake brownwood state park archery deer
                              Lake Mineral Wells archery deer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Received an email this afternoon from TPWD encouraging me to put in for the draw hunts. I guess they know a sucker

Comment

Working...
                                X