Which Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
    My Rem 700 5r Milspec 308 does that easily and most factory ammo around 1/2"
    This would be my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
      My Rem 700 5r Milspec 308 does that easily and most factory ammo around 1/2"

Yep, me too, bought a barreled action off here, put it in a grayboe

Comment

On gunbroker they have a Early 90’s original Remington Sendero for bid, it will most certainly do it. Ive got an 5r milspec and it’s a great gun also but not quite as good as the original senderos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
          SAKO end of story
          This, no doubt

Comment

Savage for a factory run of the mill gun is hard to beat

Comment

For $1500, I want basically one hole for five shots at 100 yards. I don't know about the current Remington rifles, but the older 700s will do that box stock, with just good ammo. Sakos and Savage 110 and the Howa 1500, are all very accurate rifles or actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                Bergara or Remington 700 upper tier models.
                This

Comment

Pretty sure my rem 700 Ltr could do that. Most accurate rifle I’ve owned. Factory except for a cheek rest.

Comment

Tikka
                    Howa in krg bravo chassis.

Comment

I bought a Savage 110 a few weeks ago.

I WOULD NOT go that route unless you have the new AccuFit stock.

Bass Pro actually allowed me to return it, but that is a story for another day.

Comment

Which Rifle?

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                        Pretty sure my rem 700 Ltr could do that. Most accurate rifle I’ve owned. Factory except for a cheek rest.

The LTRs often get over looked. Personally seen an LTR outshoot two customs and a 5r on the range. All four shooters were more than capable of 1/2 MOA or better. The LTR in my experience have been outstanding.

If it matters, I wasn’t the one shooting the LTR.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                          I've said it here before but I quit handloading for my LTR when I forgot my ammo one trip and discovered it shot 1/2" with cheap Corlokt.

I have added a Timney but still half your budget, put the balance toward good glass.

Comment

you can find Bergara with the premier action for $1500. takes a little work. but, the deals are out there.

Comment

Sako or Tikka..... buttery smooth action and boringly accurate weapons. Those Finns can flat out make a bolt gun.

Comment

I have been a life long Remington fan. That being said I will not buy them any more. They have really gone down hill. As a small FFL I have sold several over the last few years and very few shoot sub MOA. On the other hand Savage has picked up their game over that same period of time.

If you work with independent FFls you probably can get a Bergara HMR Pro for the $1500 mark. Excellent rifle will shoot most ammo sub MOA all day long.

Comment

Working...
                                X