Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Who else is sick of the theft of their hard earned money by a government.
      Shut down the IRS, ATF, USPS ect...
      Taxation is theft.

Waiting till the last minute here.

Comment

at the end of 2017 I did a bunch of charitable giving b/c I was itemizing '17 and figured I would take standard in '18. (basically wrote some checks the last week of 17 that i would have done over the course if 18). going to look at whether I would itemize '19 if I loaded up on stuff this year .... basically flip flop std vs itemize by loading up deductions every other year. gotta do the mathnon whether it will help or not...

Comment

Got mine done last week. Woohoo refund $450. Should by me a good .22 bolt gun so I can put a suppressor on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
            Not me! Already got my money back.
            X2

Comment

Will be filing for an extension this week so you are not the only slacker OP

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                Who else is sick of the theft of their hard earned money by a government.
                Shut down the IRS, ATF, USPS ect...
                Taxation is theft.

Waiting till the last minute here.
                I don't like paying taxes any more than the rest of us, but I recognize we wouldn't have a lot of things (infrastructure, roads, bridges, law enforcement, schools, etc) if we don't pay taxes to fund them. However, do I think our government wastes money--of course, and I would like to first put term limits on congress---same number of years as the president---so 2 terms in the Senate and 4 terms in the house. Yeah, I know 2 terms in the senate would be 12 years, but if we went to 2 3-year terms, that would put another election year in the mix and that comes with a price.

Comment

I was under the impression you still have to pay your estimated tax bill even if you file an extension. Is that not correct?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    I was under the impression you still have to pay your estimated tax bill even if you file an extension. Is that not correct?
                    As far as I know you still have to, I'll tell you for sure on the 15th

Comment

You have to pay if you don’t want a penalty and interest.

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                        A lot of those deductions you were probably used to went away this year... the larger standard deduction was “supposed” to simplify and make up for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Nope they screwed up and only have me half my property taxes and mortgage interest. My wife and I are filing separate and I'm claiming all those deductions and she took other ones.

Comment

You are supposed to make an honest estimate as to how much you owe and send that in as a payment. If you owe beyond that you will incur extra fees I believe.

Comment

I just picked mine up. 60+ pages! I thought they were going to simplify things.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                              Nope they screwed up and only have me half my property taxes and mortgage interest. My wife and I are filing separate and I'm claiming all those deductions and she took other ones.

Sorry, I took it as you missed the “non reimbursed business expenses” that people were used to getting previously. A lot of oil/gas people were surprised that this year they could not claim a lot of the expenses that they could in past years.

Also did away with “entertainment” all those “corporate” deer leases and paid hunts will all of a sudden become “advertising” instead, Hahaha lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

CPA called me today...YEESH.

Comment

Working...
                                X