What cheap .22 rifle to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cheap .22 rifle to get?

So I’m looking to buy a cheap .22 rifle. Primary use will be for dispatching varmits and plinking. Budget is $200, ish.

I know there are a few rifles in this price range. I would prefer a semi auto in case my wife has to use it as that makes potential follow up shots easier than a bolt action. Any of y’all have any experience with these cheaper rifles? My preference would be a 10/22, but with my budget I think it would be hard to even find a used one. So is there any other cheap rifle that would be worth it to take a look at?

I really really like my Winchester wildcat 22 SR. Takes 10/22 mags at half the price and is threaded for a suppressor already. Shoots pretty decent to with the Leupold 2-7 rimfire scope.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

You should be able to find a used 10/22 or a Marlin model 60 easily for that amount. Sometimes the 10/22's are on sale for a little over 200
      Last edited by softpoint; 05-28-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I'll second softpoint above. Both are decent shooters and are reasonably priced used.
        I picked up a Savage Mark II a couple yrs ago @ Wallyworld for $129 but it's a bolt action. But it's proved to be a darned good shooter with the Nikon prostaff on it.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
          I'll second softpoint above. Both are decent shooters and are reasonably priced used.
          I picked up a Savage Mark II a couple yrs ago @ Wallyworld for $129 but it's a bolt action. But it's proved to be a darned good shooter with the Nikon prostaff on it.
          Same here. Wish I had a .22 mag also in that gun

Comment

I’ve owned a Marlin model 60 and a 10/22. I really enjoyed both of them and they were extremely reliable. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something else out there that fit the bill. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X