Unreasonable shipping costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreasonable shipping costs?

Smallish backpack in a 19x15x14 box weighting in at 5 lbs going out of state is running $97.80 USPS Priority and $70+ UPS. Clearly companies aren't paying this type of rate to send packages all over the country. What the heck?

They've definitely gone up. It had been a long time since I had shipped anything but I sold a bunch of First lite clothes earlier this year, and a small box with one shirt in it weighing less than 1lb it was costing me $25-$30 to ship and that was keeping it in state.

Comment

Try shipping mounts…

Comment

Ya'll need to discover flat rate shipping boxes!

Comment

OP- those companies negotiate better rates based on volume of shipments.

Comment

Depends on the zone! Is it going to California or Oregon?

Comment

Thats outlandish. I think they made a mistake.

Comment

They are probably charging the size of box. Might weigh a pound,but you get charged on space taken.

Comment

Businesses negotiate their rates with shipping companies.

Comment

Yes, rates have gone up. That is really high though.

Comment

Some of these rates in different areas are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                        Depends on the zone! Is it going to California or Oregon?
                        Oregon

If I play with box dimensions I can get it down into the $30's range.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Oregon

That right there is your problem!

I sell some stuff on EBay and learned that valuable lesson last year! Mine went to CA and when I heard the first price I laughed then checked all other options and they were all pretty close! I went back to the post office and they explained the zones! I won’t sell to any one on the west coast without them agreeing to the Exponentiated cost first! Maryland is another one!

Comment

You can thank the Postmaster General.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Oregon

$35 via UPS ground .... that's with $100 or free insurance , same box details you listed

USPS prices are insane right now. I started using https://www.pirateship.com/ last year and it saves me a few dollars per package.

I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who owns a small business and does lots of shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X