Guntrader questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guntrader questions

Does anyone have experience doing any deals on TX guntrader? I have done plenty here on TBH with absolutely zero issues but never on GunTrader. guy is asking for 75% of the sale before he ships it. He is an individual and its being done via paypal. it just seems off to me. Anyone have any experience on that site? is that the norm?

lots of scammers on that site... i bought a few face to face on there. i wouldn't send money to anyone outside of the TBH.

Comment

No experience there, but I wouldn't ship a firearm until I got 100% payment. That being said, if it sounds fishy or you are uncomfortable then bail. Does he have any feedback.

Comment

I am trying to find any but not sure where to look, shows he is a member since 5/21 and just posted 4 guns in the last 3 weeks but I cant find any other info. I get his side of it also but this is supposedly way out in Fort Stockton and the wording of the texts are weird so i figured i would try and get a little more insight

Comment

Originally posted by HiblerZXT35 View Post
          Does anyone have experience doing any deals on TX guntrader? I have done plenty here on TBH with absolutely zero issues but never on GunTrader. guy is asking for 75% of the sale before he ships it. He is an individual and its being done via paypal. it just seems off to me. Anyone have any experience on that site? is that the norm?
          I have bought and sold a few on there. No bad experiences but there are scammers. My transactions were face to face. I would not send any money unless it was an actual gun store but that's just me,.

Comment

Sounds like a scam. I wouldn’t ship unless I had 100%of the money. PayPal won’t protect you on a gun purchase.

Comment

that was kind of my feelings on the matter just wanted to get an outside opinion

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses on this guys i appreciate the feedback

Comment

When ammo was pretty scarce I bought a few different things from a guy here on TBH that did a lot of buying and selling on that site, several of the boxes of ammo I got from him had mixed bullets or the wrong bullets in them. TBH guy was nice and refunded everything or traded them out but said he had to start checking everything he got from that site because of it, seems he got some inconsistent sources there. Because of that I'd be really cautious doing any business on there.

Comment

If they don’t post a location it’s usually 100% scam. Substantialy below market value is another red flag.

Comment

Trust your gut. As stated, it's loaded with scammers. I have and will only do face to face transactions off there. Even then proceed with caution at times. The old saying if it's to good to be true.....

Comment

Loaded with scammers. No way I’d do that deal. Face to face only and you’re solid on there.

Comment

I am trying to find any but not sure where to look, shows he is a member since 5/21 and just posted 4 guns in the last 3 weeks but I cant find any other info. I get his side of it also but this is supposedly way out in Fort Stockton and the wording of the texts are weird so i figured i would try and get a little more insight
                          Dead giveaway

Comment

I have done many exchanges on Gun Trader all with good luck. I would however hesitate to do any exchanges that are not face to face....

For your situation though its 100% a scam and don't do it.

Comment

Run! Lots of scams there. Any they are getting good too. One guy told me
                              he would ship to my FFL. Sent a copy of “his” FFL’s license. I called the FFL named and they never heard of him. Or could have cared that someone was using a copy of their FFL to scam people. It was fun jacking with them on texts tho.

I found the same pictures and description of the rifle on Gun Broker listed by a dealer in Kansas.

Use the locate feature on the Texas site and see if the IP address matches Fort Stockton. Also is the telephone area code West Texas?

Comment

Working...
                              X