Kids/new bow hunter inexpensive crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids/new bow hunter inexpensive crossbow

I got back into crossbows since my new subdivision does not allow rifle fire. Over run with Axis and White tail which is a good problem with 6 acres.

Over on the CrossBow board a lot of the board is excited about a deal on the Barnett XP 350 and the XP 370. People say these are the same bow except the x350 was made for Walmart and sells now for 203 on line unless you can find one on sale at a store. the XP370 costs ~280$. People over there say it is the same bow and the only thing different is the name Barnett painted on it and the cost difference.

I picked one up for the grandkids and it is nice 6 pound weight and 7.6 with a Raven scope. There is a red/green three dot scope that comes with the bow.
    My crony gave me 352-353 for 8 shots shooting a 20", 325 grain bolt.
    Accurate- yes I was able to shoot at 20 and 30 yards off a front sand bag to get two arrows near touching or side by side.

The trigger is the best I have used. Breaks clean about 3-3.5 pounds with no creep or grind.
    https://www.crossbownation.com Barnett subforum if you are interest.

Downside no string or bow dampners though sound test by a board member showed about average shot sound. You wonder how those old bows and crossbows worked back when no one had all these extras on them.

Let me know what you think or if you own one. Jim

I bought one for a backup bow for this past season. I have a ravin R10 also and have thought about selling it just to use the cheap Barnett. I feel just as deadly with it at 1/5th of the cost new and I bought mine used. Then I start thinking of how much money I have tied up in my bowtech bow and I can see why crossbow hunting has took off

Comment

My youngest kills the heck out of animals with his Barnett 380 stalker.. I paid less than 400 for it at Academy. It's loud to me but they shoot so fast a critter inside of 30 doesn't have a chance. This one didn't come with string stops either. I wonder if it would make a difference on noise?

Comment

Jim, I've only hunted "traditional" compound bows but watching for a good entry-level xbow. So I'm tagging in and willing to rent a room to help you with your axis/whitetail problem.

Comment

I got a sniper 380 from academy for my dad. I have had several buddies buy them since. Trigger is hard but for 250 it smokes the deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bringing this back up to say that I ordered a XP350 for my 9 year old after reading this review and then going to crossbownation and reading the reviews there. It was $198 at Walmart online. Got it in today and I am absolutely blown away with what you get for the money. I've shot very few crossbows so I might be wrong, but I highly doubt many have a trigger as good as this one. It was my son's first time every to shoot a crossbow, and after I initially dialed the scope in, he was immediately wearing out the bullseye at 20 yards.

Comment

Working...
            X