• Show
Clear All

Man I want one of these!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That’s a heck of a bull

Comment

Awesomeness guys....kongrats!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]They make beautiful shoulder mounts or skulls!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats gentlemen. Great shots on the heart.

Where bouts is the heart on a bull. Besides low... Is it more forward like a hog?

Comment

Congrats, nice bulls.

Comment

Congrats

Looks like 2 great shots

Wish I had know that video link above was kw, never would have clicked on it

Comment

Tuned in….

Comment

Nice bulls. Congrats Fellas.

Comment

Headed down Wednesday to Teniente. Hope those Nalgai like cold because I don't.

Comment

Hey y'all,

First thanks to Bisch for uploading pics while we were hunting!

We did make an awesome video I'll try to find a way to put it up.

We had such a great time. Cody from Insight Outdoors organized an awesome hunt and our guide Mondo was top notch. He knows these animals and knows how to kill them and yes the heart is very low and forward. I'll post the guide we used and it was SPOT on.

Two bulls, two heart shots at 125 and 105yrds respectively with them dead less than 20yrds. Shot placement was so critical and works, but I still after seeing how these things can take a hit and not bleed one drop made me think maybe I need a bigger weapon in my arsenal. Our bulls only went about 20-30yrds but I can see where a bad shot they will head in to the thick stuff to never be found.

Lodge was beautiful which you can see in the video, they served good food and the rooms were nice.

First day, we had to wait out a rain storm and howling winds until after lunch but then the Nilgai started moving big time. Killed mine on day one and continued to hunt. The next morning we killed the second bull by 930am. Got everything squared away and had lunch and then went to a friends lease right across the road and hunted Javalina. We filled those tags too.

TAXIDERMY
                        We are both getting matching floor pedestals using a whiskey barrel as the base with S. TX habitat and one of the javelina skulls in the habitat. It's going to be unique and epic!

MEAT
                        Backstraps and front and back tenderloins keeping for steaks obviously. The two hindquarters will use to be cut into steaks. Front quarters, neck, trimmings and flank/skirt will be used to make 50% ground meat and 50% sausage (likely fresh, Jap/cheese, hatch green chili and Swiss). We will use 20% beef fat.

We have already booked to go back in October after I get back from my deployment to hunt free range Oryx.

Comment

Great report Doc!! Sounds like a dream hunt to me! Congratulations to you guys on a VERY successful hunt!
                          And thanks for posting it up to share with us!

Comment

Congratulations on your well-deserved success

Comment

https://fb.watch/aT-tMf0Oq3/ hopefully this link works, they posted a video on their page.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                                https://fb.watch/aT-tMf0Oq3/ hopefully this link works, they posted a video on their page.
                                Yep that's the video!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X