No announcement yet.

Incident at Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. No need for us to get worked up. She violated a policy, we don't want academy to get sued, besides they'll pass the cost on of the theft to us next time we need ammo, tackle, or shoes. Just like software piracy in the 90s, the dot com boom fared just fine having their stuff stolen

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      My home state is a sue happy state. Lawyers dominate bill boards state wide. Something I have never liked but in this situation I hope it helps this lady sue the hell out of Academy and gets a ton of money. Corporate America is becoming so liberal biased it is disgusting. Protocols that promote thieves to target and steal is supporting the criminals.in my opinion. Sad times in America ������
      I agree with sad times but you do understand that corporate America has put these policies in place because it’s cheaper than the lawsuits they have incurred right? Unfortunately that’s the problem.
      Last edited by myway; 01-22-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

So we're allowed to walk out of Academy without paying for merchandise? Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          Just confused why you and the other poster chose to focus on the gender of the employee when it has no real relevance to the situation.
          Because they referred to the person as a her! I DID NOT SEE A HER!

Comment

Booster gonna boost , it’s a career now days
            I feel sorry for the blue shirt, she we following instinct but not instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
              I agree with sad times but you do understand that the corporate America has put these policies in place because it’s cheaper than the lawsuits they have incurred right? Unfortunately that’s the problem.
              Yes corporate America is not totally to blame you can add the legal system in there as well too. Corruption at the government level as well. If a criminal is injured during a crime and the company is later sued and loses the case because an employee stepped.up to try and stop it well that's screwed up and direct failure of the system and process. If anyone thinks otherwise they are part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Welcome to the jungle.. We are living in the twilight zone folks.. Not much is making sense these days...
                But a correction is coming. You can bank on that..
                It does hurt my feelings to see backwards thinking.Isaiah 4:20 Woe to those who say good is bad and bad is good.We’re just gonna see it get worse until it gets better.

Comment

Dang seems like we see more and more crap like this everyday

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Wow. It’s sad Academy feels the need to fire her. She didn’t deserve it
                    This. I thought she restrained herself pretty good. She should not have been fired over this. Talking to/ wrist slapped, yes but not fired.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                      So we're allowed to walk out of Academy without paying for merchandise? Sweet
                      That’s my thinking. I don’t like waiting in lines or spending money. This is a solid win in my view. Going to start researching all the companies with this policy. I may be a whole lot closer to retirement than i thought.

Comment

Although I side with the manager and absolutely hate thieves, confrontations like this is why I think businesses like this have that policy.

There’s no need to try to be a “hero” when you really have nothing to win and much more to lose. I do think businesses should consider changing their policy though!

Comment

That's a dangerous policy for a store that sells guns.

Comment

I think Academy had the option to discipline the employee instead of firing her. As i read the incident report the employee was the victim of the assault. There needs to be some discretion in applying “company policy”.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              Why was the employee fired?
                              Because the employee agreed to that policy when they were hired. Employee broke the rules. Pretty simple

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on now....she was just applying her BLM discount code on that merchandise.

Dang shame what this world has come to when lawyers make policy and common sense is thrown out the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X