golf cart batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golf cart batteries

I'm new to the golf cart world and I'm looking at some options for replacement batteries. From my understanding, Trojan brand are the best, but with me trying to be a "bargain shopper", I am reaching out to the TBH brain trust for other options.

In my particular case, I have a cart that is gasoline AND battery operated (badboy buggy ambush) and runs off of 48V when in electric mode.

My wife did some quick searching online and found some Duracell's, which according to the owners manual, will work.

Can anybody give me some opinions on this brand or offer another option?

Thanks!
    Kyle
    Attached Files

Having tried to save money in the past on golf cart batteries, I believe Trojans end up costing less in the long term because they last longer and you have less problems with them.

Comment

I bought a set of (6) 8V Interstate batteries for my cart a couple of years ago for about $250 less than the Trojan's would have been, and they work great.

Comment

As far as batteries go, does it make a difference that the cart is gas & electric?

Comment

I use marine 2 cycle batteries that they usually have for about $99 at Sam's. Just remember to constantly monitor the batteries water levels and you should be ok.

Comment

Trojan
            Buy once Cry once

Comment

I bought Continental Golf cart batteries they lasted 5 1/2 years

Comment

I have been looking at the Sams Duracell ones

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Golf cart batteries are rated in amp hours. 230ah batteries is the minimum a would buy. Longer time in between charging makes batteries last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
                    I'm new to the golf cart world and I'm looking at some options for replacement batteries. From my understanding, Trojan brand are the best, but with me trying to be a "bargain shopper", I am reaching out to the TBH brain trust for other options.

In my particular case, I have a cart that is gasoline AND battery operated (badboy buggy ambush) and runs off of 48V when in electric mode.

My wife did some quick searching online and found some Duracell's, which according to the owners manual, will work.

Can anybody give me some opinions on this brand or offer another option?

Thanks!
                    Kyle

Those look like regular cranking batteries. I don’t they are going to do well in your cart.

Also is your buggy set up with 4x12v batteries or 6x8v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have Relion lithium ion batteries but don’t seem to hold charge as long as I would like on usage. Sucks when the cart just ceases & have to load it & pull it back. Wished I’d gone gas

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                        I bought Continental Golf cart batteries they lasted 5 1/2 years

Same here for 2 different carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got duracells from Sam's for mine. 3 hard years and still running good. 6 8volt batteries.

Comment

Trojan brand....So they make batteries now...hope they don't leak

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Those look like regular cranking batteries. I don’t they are going to do well in your cart.

Also is your buggy set up with 4x12v batteries or 6x8v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              It's set up for 4x12V batteries

Comment

Working...
                              X