Ideas for a large mailbox/ drop off box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just finished our piped entrance with a remote swing gate and I was just informed by our post office that they can’t pass through a gated system open or not. I’m sure this will follow suit for any other deliveries even though our gate will stay open the major of time.

I don’t want 2 different boxes cluttering up our entry .

Ideas please

Thanks
    Wick

Pretty sure USPS has dimensions your box has to be.
    Up here folks put out big metal or wooden boxed with a lock on them for UPs and the like deliveries. I'm pretty sure we don't have the theft issues you all do down there though.
    They are usually right by the gate and the mailbox is on the main road.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Pretty sure USPS has dimensions your box has to be.
      Up here folks put out big metal or wooden boxed with a lock on them for UPs and the like deliveries. I'm pretty sure we don't have the theft issues you all do down there though.
      They are usually right by the gate and the mailbox is on the main road.
      No theft where I live- I just want the packages out of the weather.

Comment

I think we are getting one of these.

Comment

i just got a deck box and put it outside my gate. no lock but keeps items out of sight. mainly didnt want wet boxes. had a sign up for awhile for deliveries, it's gone now and they all still use it.

like this
          https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Bott...9820152&sr=8-3
          Last edited by Rescue1; 08-24-2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

My neighbor has a jobsite type metal box for UPS and FedEx deliveries chained to the pipe fence by his gate.3

It's probably overkill but it works for him.
            Last edited by rferg84; 08-24-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

We are on a country road with the mail box across from our gate.
              We use a simple Rubbermaid container that is zip-tied to the fence (to keep it in place more than for theft-prevention). We even wrote 'deliveries' on it.
              Sometimes the delivery people (Amazon, UPS, FedEX, etc.) will put items in the box, sometimes they will toss them over our fence, sometimes they put deliveries on top of the box labeled 'deliveries'.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                My neighbor has a jobsite type metal box for UPS and FedEx deliveries chained to the pipe fence by his gate.3

This is what I use.

Comment

I used an older truck toolbox I repainted and used giant U-bolts and bolted it to the pipe entrance on the side. 2 feet off ground so I can spray under it, and bought a Amazon,Fedex, UPS general delivery placard for the front of it. My mail guy will put larger packages in it as well but he has to put all other mail in the regular size mailbox regulated by the Gov..

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                    We use a simple Rubbermaid container that is zip-tied to the fence (to keep it in place more than for theft-prevention). We even wrote 'deliveries' on it.
                    Sometimes the delivery people (Amazon, UPS, FedEX, etc.) will put items in the box, sometimes they will toss them over our fence, sometimes they put deliveries on top of the box labeled 'deliveries'.
                    And sometimes you want strangle the dumbazzes……. I know I do.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post

If it’s the one I’m thinking about around your area, I’ve driven past that for years and always wondered what it was for. I guess I know now. Lol
                      Last edited by Raider4044; 08-24-2021, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                        If it’s the one I’m thinking about around your area, I’ve driven past that for years and always wondered what it was for. I guess I know now. Lol
                        lol probably is, although I’ve seen one south of town on 70 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                          Lol! I could easily see that happening

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
                            i just got a deck box and put it outside my gate. no lock but keeps items out of sight. mainly didnt want wet boxes. had a sign up for awhile for deliveries, it's gone now and they all still use it.

like this
                            https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Bott...9820152&sr=8-3

Comment

Delivery services put the packages in plastic bags and set inside the fence. Post office just throws them over the fence, no protection from rain. Some are quite a ways inside the gate.
                              My bil uses a trash can that is labeled packages and it works well for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X