Elk Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Broadhead

Looking for your pick on the following 3 broadheads for my upcoming CO hunt. I’m sure many others have their favorites that aren’t one of these 3 but for this conversation please keep the choices between these 3. If you have a specific reason for one over the other please feel free to share, each of them have certain things I like about them from research I have done but I would like to hear others thoughts as well. In no particular order I am down to the

Muzzy Trocar
    VPA 3 Blade
    QAD Exodus

exodus

Comment

QAD Exodus

Comment

Exodus is all ill use and I've tried the 40 dollar a pice ones on down.

Comment

The full blade (non-swept) exodus are on my short list of best Broadheads ever designed! Affordable, American made, tough as nails. Only reason not to shoot them is if you prefer something heavier than 125 grain or you just are looking for a 2 blade cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot exodus before switching to kudu heads. Can’t go wrong with the exodus in my opinion

Comment

Exodus with swept blades is what I’ve used on a bull. Excellent fixed blade.

Comment

VPA is a great broad head. I bought a 344 from stay sharp and it’s amazing how sharp I can get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

VPA or Exodus hands down over the Muzzy’s.

Comment

Exodus swept blades. Fly a touch better and plenty tough. I have killed several big critters with them.

Comment

qad exodus swept blades. They fly great and go through animals like they are butter.

Comment

Probably the VPA slightly nudges ahead of the exodus in durability and edge retention since it is machined tool steel (4140 I think). However they are less forgiving and require a well tuned bow to hit with field points. Ask me how I know. The exodus is still extremely durable, probably the most durable broadhead in its class, and probably the best all-around choice for most bowhunters. For stainless steel I have been very impressed with the edge retention and penetration. I remove the blades, resharpen, and hunt with them again.

Comment

Just got back from Africa where I used Grim Reaper Hades Pro. The back of the blades are sharpened as well so they cut both ways. I got easy pass throughs on all my animals and literally could use them again right off the ground with no touch up even at 60 yards. A true cut on contact head as well. These are my new go tos from now on. John Lusk does some good testing on these on his youtube shows. Oh, there is a microseries of these that are not back sharpened - use the standard 3 or 4 blade.

Comment

For the investment in time and money to go elk hunting... you may consider bumping up a level to the Ironwills. Lots of good info on here and other western-hunting oriented forums. Heavy bone hits dull blades quickly.

Comment

X2 on the ironwill or look into Kudu point

Comment

Working...
                              X