Dry fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry fire

So tonight I was trying a new thumb release. Arrow nocked and everything. I squeezed the release heard the click but nothing happend. Then my arrow just fell to the ground. Guess what what happens next.. dry fire.. looking over the bow it looks ok. Put in on the scale and didn’t hear any cracking. But still scared to shoot it. Just bought this bow also. Bowtech sr6. Freak accident. 9 years of shooting bows first dry fire.
    Last edited by SpankyWF; 03-07-2019, 08:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Should be fine, they can take more than we give credit for.

Comment

There is a little lip on both cams. Looks uniformed same spot on both sides. Not sure if that’s normal or not

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's fine, it happens more than you think.

Comment

depending on what kind of nocks you are using it is possible for the release to shove the nock off of the string at full draw... more pronounced with a short bow and longer draw length, as the string will push the nock off of the string when at full draw because of the extreme angle of the string vs the nock.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
              It's fine, it happens more than you think.
              I sure hope so. Going to take it in to shop just to be sure. Just makes me sick. Just my luck. Never dry fire one then get a new bow then BOOM

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                depending on what kind of nocks you are using it is possible for the release to shove the nock off of the string at full draw... more pronounced with a short bow and longer draw length, as the string will push the nock off of the string when at full draw because of the extreme angle of the string vs the nock.
                Yea that sounds like what may have happened. But honestly I have no idea

Comment

That cam looks bent to me, maybe the axle too.

Comment

I dry fired the S**T outta my bow once at the range. Broke the string. Had em re string it, sighted it in and kept shooting that day. Got a nice little scar on my hand from the string popping me.

They dry fire these bows when testing the durability of them so I'm sure your bow is fine.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uobdhZ28U4"]The Hoyt Standard - 1,500 Dry-Fire Test - YouTube[/ame]

(I know its Hoyt, just the first video that came up. I shoot Obsession btw!)

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post

Looks bad to me also

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post

I don’t think the axle is bent, but the cams definitely are.

Comment

I would be troubled to shoot a . Bowtech also. Think you need to take it to a GOOD shop to get checked out!

Comment

Originally posted by SpankyWF View Post
                            I sure hope so. Going to take it in to shop just to be sure. Just makes me sick. Just my luck. Never dry fire one then get a new bow then BOOM
                            Can't go wrong here. That's what I'd do.

Comment

Pho dude

Comment

Working...
                              X