Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preliminary weights and FOC on GT Kaos arrows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's as dead quiet as you say Id hope that heavier arrow tunes even at 212 fps. Hopefully your shot will be within 40 yards. Speed won't matter

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
      If it's as dead quiet as you say Id hope that heavier arrow tunes even at 212 fps. Hopefully your shot will be within 40 yards. Speed won't matter

It won't matter if it's 80. That plenty off *** behind that particular Broadhead.

Comment

Yep, you should hear these things hit a bag target! Getting them refletched to 4" feathers and cut. Got to get a couple 2013 for the 2" footings and a couple of 2215 fro the short footings. Going to get them from Lancaster as they sell by the individual shaft.

Comment

What is the opinions on the speed of this bow considering the weights of the arrows? Just interested.

It is a High Country 2009 Speed Pro set a 70#'s and 29" draw with a 7 1/4" BH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            What is the opinions on the speed of this bow considering the weights of the arrows? Just interested.

When you get that heavy it's not really all that important. Could a select few bows push it faster? Sure. But only roughly a maximum of 15 fps. 800 grains and about 180 fps is plenty. You're beyond that by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
              When you get that heavy it's not really all that important. Could a select few bows push it faster? Sure. But only roughly a maximum of 15 fps. 800 grains and about 180 fps is plenty. You're beyond that by a long shot.
              Yea and a bunch of those bows are going to have 5" to 6" brace heights. Not for me. I do not think the speed I am shooting is bad for a bow with a 7 1/4" BH and 6 years old!
              I will give results when I get them refletched and shot thru the chrono.

Comment

Pretty dang efficient! Makes it close to 370ibo

Comment

Do not think it was that high on IBO, I think around 350 - 355. I was shooting a 410 grain arrow a 314 and a 560 grain arrow at 270. Pretty happy with the speeds, KE and especially the momentum with these heavy arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Pretty dang efficient! Makes it close to 370ibo

HC's and Dartons are so underrated it freakin unreal.

Comment

I think the speed is great. Send me a arrow I'll test it out my nitrum turbo lol

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                        I think the speed is great. Send me a arrow I'll test it out my nitrum turbo lol
                        I was thinking the same.. Wonder how efficient my Xcentric is with the higher weights

Comment

What we should do is to meet at Enewman's in the Mid/Odessa area and shoot all our bows with the heavy arrows to see what happens.

Comment

What we should do is to meet at Enewman's in the Mid/Odessa area and shoot all our bows with the heavy arrows to see what happens.
                            I go through there couple times a month for work already

Comment

I'd live to!
                              Unfortunately it's an 8 hr drive for me

Comment

That 12 hrs for me :|

Comment

Working...
                                X