50-60 lb bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50-60 lb bows

Who all shoots a 60lb bow? Do you feel you have any limitations compared to a 70lb bow? Is there a big difference in maximum effective range? I just bought a Hoyt Spyder 30 @ 28" 50-60 lb and I'm just wondering what others expericences are with 60 lb limbs. What would I be able to max out at? I haven't had a bow in a couple of years but my last bow was a DXT set at 68 lbs. I'm assuming with the 60 lb bow maxed out I won't lose much.

My next bow is gonna be a 60

Comment

I shoot a Hoyt Alphamax 60 lb and love it. I've never shot a 70 but I feel like theres no need since I got everything out of the 60 lb I want. I prefer shots 30 yards and under, but have practiced out to 50 and would feel pretty confident at that distance.

Comment

I went from a switchback 70# to a z7 60 # and love it. No problems hitting a bag target at 60 yards.

Comment

I owned a 60#z7x and currently shoot a 70# switchback turned down to 64# and a 65# rush turned down to 62. 70+ Is for the birds and I can take any game in north America with either set up.

Comment

All you need is a 60# bow! No limitations at all!

Comment

I shoot a 60lb X-Force. No limitations at all, these bows are 10 times the bows from 10 years (prolly sooner than that) ago with 80-90 limbs.

Comment

for your standard N.A. game, and your DL, there is really no reason for you to shoot 70#, unless you just want to. 60 works wonders.

Comment

The only negative I've seen to a 60# bow is resale.It seems like a 70# bow will sell 10 times faster than a 60#.I always buy 70#bows and crank them down to 63#for that reason alone!

Comment

Back in the day I had an 86 pound Alpine Rebel. My 08 model 82nd Airborne shoots the same weight arrow 5fps faster at on 62 pounds.

Comment

Stother Vanquish with 50-60. No problems whatsoever and I can shoot a lot more when I practice without hurt shoulders.

Comment

With today's performance numbers I see no reason to shoot 70 pounds. Try out a 60 pound bow after a long sit on a cold morning.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                          Stother Vanquish with 50-60. No problems whatsoever and I can shoot a lot more when I practice without hurt shoulders.
                          Matthews ZXT - 50-60, takes the hurt out of 3D shoots also!

Comment

I went to 60# two years ago and have slammed arrows thru everythin I shoot.

Comment

All I have ever shot. See no reason to go higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X