.010 or 0.19 for hunting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.010 or 0.19 for hunting ?

im lookin to pick up a new sight, single slider pin, and im asking for input from those that have used the 0.10 and the .019 for hunting. i have been using the .029 forever. has the .010 ever been too small such as in low light situations?

I went with the Sword one pin slider this year and decided to get the 0.10 pin. I really like it, and glad I went with the smaller pin. You don't have to worry about the low light because the sight light takes care of any problems with low light conditions.

Comment

I had the .010 on my multi pin as my last two pins; however, they disappeared in low light. I am back to a single pin (HHA), and I am using the .019. It has been great so far!

Comment

My Apex sight has both, and I prefer the .019.

Comment

I like the .19

Comment

For hunting, I prefer the .19. They seem to be easier to see when I am in my dark blind in the early morning.

Comment

I am trying out the 10s for the first time this year on my hunting bow. I am concerned about low light, although I have lighted sight pins. I mean, gosh what if I have that P&Y buck walk in front of me?
              I can't have mechanically lighted pins. (Which is why I liked my Cobra Sidewinder sight)

Comment

I have a custom black Gold. The 20 pin is .19 and the rest are .10. I love the 10's at longer distances because they don't seem to cover up so much of the spot I am shooting at. I haven't had any trouble in low light with them.

Comment

swithched from 019 to 010 2 yrs ago..works good in huntn situations & better target visibility @ longer distances..aim small,,miss small....

Comment

I like the .019 my self. If you hunt out of a pop up blind .010 are really difficult to see, and if you turn on your sight light you light up the entire inside of the blind.

Comment

Personal preference but the smaller the more precise. Low light but if it is that dark in the evening do you want to take the shot? In the morning there should be enough light to see or use a source to illuminate.

Comment

I have .10 on mine.

Comment

If its true to size go with the .019. You'd hate to have a shooter out there and not be able to see your pin cause your site light battery went dead or goes dead on you.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                            I went with the Sword one pin slider this year and decided to get the 0.10 pin. I really like it, and glad I went with the smaller pin. You don't have to worry about the low light because the sight light takes care of any problems with low light conditions.
                            I bought the .10 centurion and it just wasnt bright enough for me. had to move back to the .19. I love the small pin when it's bright but even with a sight light it wasn't enough when it started getting dark.

Originally posted by trex1210 View Post
                            I had the .010 on my multi pin as my last two pins; however, they disappeared in low light. I am back to a single pin (HHA), and I am using the .019. It has been great so far!
                            I use the centurion with .19 and have for at least 5-6 years

Comment

I prefer .19 myself. Most of my hunting is done early in the morning or at the last bit of legal light. I need all the light gathering I can get. Use to use a .29 but it was just too big.

Comment

Working...
                              X