No announcement yet.

$70 to fletch 11 arrows???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Frank! Wow... it ain't hard to whip up a good Texas "Pattie" storm on here.

I did call the proshop prior to my post, and was told "we raised our prices last year" and "it's the going rate". I posted here to find out, if, in fact, that was true...which it appears it was not. Armed with this intelligence I was able to have a conversation with the manager who worked it out with me.

When I go to the local bowshop, my "buyer beware" radar is on low, we were shootin the breeze on fishin, huntin, dippin, spittin, whatever...if you need to be on high alert at the pro shop...you need a new proshop. I didn't ask how much it would be, assuming it would be reasonable and fair. I admit this was my mistake.

The guy can charge what ever he chooses, but as he was over charging as a deterent, the sales guy should have informed me, and used that to sell me a new set. I go to these guys to get their professional guidance to ensure I get what I need, not what I want. I can get what I want at Walmart.

Hey, I support the local proshops 100%, can I get an amen.

I will go back to these guys for anything else I need, chalk it up to an opportunity for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
      Most shops charge in the $2.50-$4.00 range to refletch. I have been doing my own for several years now because of it. I also shoot feathers on my indoor spot arrows and they will charge more to do feathers because it takes longer.
      feathers dont take longer to fletch they just cost at least twice as much to buy but they fletch just as fast as vanes...... but yeah you got the shaft bad

Comment

I mostly practice with my BH's so cutting my duravanes was getting expensive to keep getting refletched so as others have said,I now do my own

Comment

Originally posted by TXFlatPicker View Post
          My wife was kind enough to pick up my arrows from Allstar Archery in Lewisville, when she called me with the bill.....I fell over, $6.40 an arrow for 4'' vanes. These Beaman ICS 340's new are $75 with vanes and nocs!! did I get snookered? or has the rate gone way up since I last had a set done about 10 years ago?
          Its bad that this had happended to you as an unsuspecting customer. I'm very happy that you brought this into a public forum. This is a great way to show businesses the potential results of their mistakes. The good thing is that they made it right. The bad thing is they made it right after it was brought to the public eye. Perhaps they have learned a valuable lesson and won't do these things to other unsuspecting customers in the future.

Comment

I have been charging $1.25 for blazer, quick spin, and 4". Looks like I have been getting the shaft. Better go up so I can stay in line with everyone else.

Comment

I'll be conducting a seminar on arrow building and fletching at The “Out” House in Waco, in the near future... watch for a posting... here and on the Facebook page..
              Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I've moved around a lot over the past two years and done business with several different shop owners. Just about every place I went to charged around $35 per dozen, after talking to most of them about their prices the general consensus was they charged so much because it's labor intensive. Keep in mind most of these guys were one or two man operations and they were the only proshop in the surrounding area. I can see from their perspective how fletching hundreds of arrows right before deer season can be a huge pain in the butt, most of these guys did it after the store was closed to prevent losing business during normal hours while they're in the back fletching. I bought a jig a while back to save money and experiment and it still takes me around 45 minutes to an hour to prep and fletch a dozen arrows, I couldn't imagine having to sit down and do more than 4-5 dozen in one session.

Comment

x2....I love fletching my own. Heck, I would have fletched those for ya, just provide the vanes

Originally posted by techbowhunter7 View Post
                  that is ridiculus, i was paying $3 an arrow and couldnt take it any longer, so now im fletching my own and its actually kinda fun

Comment

I usually pay around 2.00 to 2.25 an arrow. I need to get my own jigs and learn to do myself.

Comment

i can see I am way to cheap at $1 per arrow for vanes and $2 for feathers!! wraps $1 extra seems in line.

Comment

I am glad to see that the shop worked with you after all. At my shop I charge $2.00 an arrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X