2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
    Y’all are on the fish pretty good! Hoping to get wet tomorrow and maybe Thursday.

Need to stop hunting.
    It's heating up down in our area. Wife and I got quick limits on Thursday, consistent fish Fri/Sat also but the conditions sucked with the winds and the bull reds kept getting my paddle tail so I quit, starting to hate catching the **** things.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      It's heating up down in our area. Wife and I got quick limits on Thursday, consistent fish Fri/Sat also but the conditions sucked with the winds and the bull reds kept getting my paddle tail so I quit, starting to hate catching the **** things.
      Nothing worse than a bull red. I like to catch them when I target them but if they’re bycatch is a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Nothing worse than a bull red. I like to catch them when I target them but if they’re bycatch is a PITA.
        lol I feel like a goober complaining about catching fish, but they waste so much time even the smaller 34 to 36 range we kept catching this past weekend takes 5 minutes or so to get the durn things in on my trout rod. I don't even like to clean slot Reds but I'll keep them sometimes just to try to get some payback.

Comment

And there I was fishing for flounder a few weeks back complaining about catching trout.

And here you are complaining about redfish. Haha.

First world problems.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I love redfish, maybe more than I love trout. Don't get me wrong, I'll fry the heck out of some trout, but man I love grilled redfish on the halfshell. I also enjoy the fight on my trout rods.

Cleaning them has become worlds easier since I discovered the cordless bubba blade with the 9" stiff blade.

Comment

I like them when they’re smaller slot. The big ones just take too long to get in. Lol

Comment

I'm definitely a red guy. My wife likes trout so I try to be a good husband, but I'd much rather catch reds.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  Call me crazy, but I love redfish, maybe more than I love trout. Don't get me wrong, I'll fry the heck out of some trout, but man I love grilled redfish on the halfshell. I also enjoy the fight on my trout rods.

Cleaning them has become worlds easier since I discovered the cordless bubba blade with the 9" stiff blade.
                  I’m with you I’d rather catch reds over trout most any day, probably because I know how/where to find them.

Don’t get me wrong I LOVE some trout action too, but that first run of a 24-26” red is where it’s at.

Comment

I fish for reds. Trout are a bycatch for me.

Comment

I like both. Does that make me bi?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        I like both. Does that make me bi?
                        Maybe not, they both smell like fish.

Comment

Well, had planned on going in the morning when I got off work. But some dummy didn’t check the weather. High winds, lightning, and thunder this morning. Only had 1” lt rain out of the show.

Did go gigging this evening and fished off a pier. 10-12 dink’s, and only saw 1 flounder.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Man I haven’t been gigging in years.

Comment

Grant in the gulf

He caught a hammer today off the rigs in Port A.
                              69lbs Cobia
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                I’ve heard the Sharks are thick this year.

I’m assuming y’all were in West bay somewhere close to greens? That’s the sharkiest place on the Texas coast. [emoji1787]

No doubt about it! I won’t wade there without a bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X