Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bought strangers mounts for your wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perspective...[emoji848].....interesting way of couching this. I hunt, more specifically love to hunt, especially with a bow. I have a few mounts and about 9 at the taxidermy shop now. I absolutely don't care what someone else places in their home or business. I like to see animal mounts, horns, and antlers....especially in unexpected places/homes. Hopefully more non hunters continue to decorate their homes, shops, cabins, etc. At least they are open to hunting......and not anti! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of my mounts have been at the taxidermist so long, they feel like strangers.

I have racks at my house and offices that I didn’t kill, mixed up mounts and antlers, racks that I thought were cool…..I just don’t care that much, but I like them.

Comment

I will give you my perspective as someone who just recently posted some mounts for sale. My wife and I have sold our place. The place we sold is a ranch style home on 50 acres in the hill country. Can't really have too many mounts for that scenario. We are relocating to our beach home in Port A. The place has an office which is ideal for a couple of the mounts. So, we took a long look at what we had and what we had to keep. I am certainly keeping two white tail shoulder mounts that mean a lot to me. The others are a couple of exotics and small whitetail which really, at this point in time do not mean much to me personally. There are reasons why, but I will spare all the details.

I posted them for sale because the alternative is they will get discarded. I, like most of you probably would not buy somebody else's shoulder mounts unless I was decorating a bar or business. I thought well heck, some man caves are practically bars so maybe somebody would like them for decoration and willing to pay something for them. Or maybe someone who makes things like antler lights or something will want them. So, there you go. My perspective as someone who has posted them for sale.

Comment

Of course! I like them as motivation. Have some that species I have killed but didn't mount myself and have some more rare ones that are on my bucket list to shoot my own someday (black buck and prong horn)!

Comment

Where's the bear mount and why haven't any hijinks been posted?

Comment

I know a man who buys storage rooms. I was doing work at his home and he invited me in. He had 4 giant bucks on the wall. I asked if he had killed them and he said no he found them in a room he bought. Turns out they were all replica antlers and all in the 200 range.
              He does not hunt so he does not have them on the wall for reasons of deception

Comment

Y
                Originally posted by twright View Post
                I will give you my perspective as someone who just recently posted some mounts for sale. My wife and I have sold our place. The place we sold is a ranch style home on 50 acres in the hill country. Can't really have too many mounts for that scenario. We are relocating to our beach home in Port A. The place has an office which is ideal for a couple of the mounts. So, we took a long look at what we had and what we had to keep. I am certainly keeping two white tail shoulder mounts that mean a lot to me. The others are a couple of exotics and small whitetail which really, at this point in time do not mean much to me personally. There are reasons why, but I will spare all the details.

I posted them for sale because the alternative is they will get discarded. I, like most of you probably would not buy somebody else's shoulder mounts unless I was decorating a bar or business. I thought well heck, some man caves are practically bars so maybe somebody would like them for decoration and willing to pay something for them. Or maybe someone who makes things like antler lights or something will want them. So, there you go. My perspective as someone who has posted them for sale.

Did they sell? I’m running out of room to add anymore. I may sell a few in the future

Comment

Nope. I might have a few sheds laying around. And I have one set piled with others of a found rack.

Comment

Just saw this on Facebook. I looked at the site. If any of y’all are looking to decorate, this looks like the perfect chance. There’s lots of mounts and seems like good prices. Here’s the link to their website:

Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Y

Did they sell? I’m running out of room to add anymore. I may sell a few in the future
                      Yes they did. The two small whitetail were bought by some local guy. The axis and the blackbuck were bought by a taxidermist.

Comment

I leave the photos in the new picture frames I buy because they look better than my wife's side of the family. Ain't this bout the same.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          I leave the photos in the new picture frames I buy because they look better than my wife's side of the family. Ain't this bout the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I've been thinking lately what I'll do with my dad's some day....I don't really have room for them, and would only really want one of them. I'd probably make some bad *** rattling horns from one of the others.

Here’s an idea. Had a ton of euro mounts of small to medium bucks. Always wrote the year and place killed on the back of the skull. Decided to save the wall space for the nicer bucks and actual shoulder mounts so made an antler stringer that I keep in my office. Each set is put on the stringer together and has the year and place on the base in Sharpie. In my mind still respects the buck by displaying what he gave me besides the meat and is a cool conversation piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              It would look good hanging in your restaurant
                              I now own the infamous Burnadell Gobble Chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                I now own the infamous Burnadell Gobble Chicken.

Sweet! Post pics when it’s on a wall

Comment

Working...
                                X