No announcement yet.

Unreasonable shipping costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to order Cajun seasoning from Louisiana last month. 4 cans at 4$ each. Total cost was 19$. Standard shipping was 30$😡. Found the same stuff on Amazon but you had to buy a case of 12. Total cost on Amazon 46$ with free shipping. No brainer. Have plenty now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      $35 via UPS ground .... that's with $100 or free insurance , same box details you listed

USPS prices are insane right now. I started using https://www.pirateship.com/ last year and it saves me a few dollars per package.

I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who owns a small business and does lots of shipping.
      I'll check it out, thanks! UPS.com was coming in at $70. If I can manage to stuff this thing into a 24x9x5 box USPS is $31, will run that by pirateship and UPS and see what they come in at.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        I'll check it out, thanks! UPS.com was coming in at $70. If I can manage to stuff this thing into a 24x9x5 box USPS is $31, will run that by pirateship and UPS and see what they come in at.
        24x9x5 UPS ground = $14.57 ; delivery in 3-4 business days

this is using the pirateship website

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          24x9x5 UPS ground = $14.57 ; delivery in 3-4 business days

this is using the pirateship website
          You, sir, are my hero! PirateShip.com came in at $16 and change for 5lb 2oz with those dimensions to Oregon. I printed out the label and off to drop it off now. Thanks!

Comment

28 lb. box with a xbow in it. Fort Worth to Alaska $400

Comment

I ordered a bolt for my bike from a company in California. Weighed about an oz. Cost $15 to ship it to me.

Comment

You, sir, are my hero! PirateShip.com came in at $16 and change for 5lb 2oz with those dimensions to Oregon. I printed out the label and off to drop it off now. Thanks!
                Great to know!

Comment

Fuel Surcharge

Comment

Priority Flat rate shipping... If it fits no matter the weight ..It goes ..If you ship via USPS .

Comment

You, sir, are my hero! PirateShip.com came in at $16 and change - Thanks!
                      no problem brother, people helping people

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                      Priority Flat rate shipping... If it fits no matter the weight ..It goes ..If you ship via USPS .
                      Pirate ship has access to USPS shipping costs, and their charges are usually $2-$3 cheaper than the USPS normal rates, even the Priority Mail flat rates.

Medium Flat Rate USPS is approx. $16 .... PS charges around $12-13 for the same USPS MFR box. Shipping is through USPS, but you pay PS.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        They are probably charging the size of box. Might weigh a pound,but you get charged on space taken.
                        Yep, I was selling on eBay and ended up paying a much higher
                        price this year through USPS because of the size of box.

Comment

That'll happen when diesel is 5.25 a gallon

Comment

Oregon

If I play with box dimensions I can get it down into the $30's range.
                            Can you get it in a large flat rate box? I have mailed out 35 pounds of knapping rock in the large flat rate box without an issue.

By the way the head of the USPS said more increases are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                              Can you get it in a large flat rate box? I have mailed out 35 pounds of knapping rock in the large flat rate box without an issue.

By the way the head of the USPS said more increases are coming.
                              I could if I folded it in half longways but it had a rigid back piece so I don't think it would've been good for it. I ended up custom cutting a box for it to perfect dimensions and going through that PirateShip.com site CajunBlake recommended and sent it for $16.

Comment

Working...
                              X