Hiking boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiking boots

Wanting to try some lighter boots this year for elk hunt. I have narrow feet
    (B size). Can anyone recommend something. I was able to try on a pair of Salomon X ultra aero. I liked them..any reviews? Also not worried about waterproof, I always carry my crocs with my for creek crossings and camp

If they are at the hunters extravaganza, going to look at the Crispi Lapponias. 1.13 lbs per boot, and supposed to have good support

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Soloman Quest 4D 3 gtx

Comment

Go to REI and try on as many as you can. It’s good to ask for ideas here, but a good boot for one guy could be a terrible boot for the next guy. I am not a fan of the Soloman. They are cheaply made. Lowa works very well for my foot. But they may not for yours. The Zephyr comes both plain and GTX (gortex). They are a very light, but very well made boot. If you need something a bit more, the Lowa Camino Flex is a nice one also. It is a bit more rigid though for carrying a pack. Lowa, Vasque, Asolo (not a fan myself), etc.... just see what fits your hoof the best. When you know, you’ll know for sure.

Comment

Skip all the bs and order Schnees. Order 2-3 sizes and return what you don’t want. I have 2 pairs of granites and love them. Love the vibram soles. You can stand on a rock and it feels like a flat surface. Everyone’s feet are different but these work great for me. Grab some Leuko tape and you will never have a blister ever again.

Comment

just take some trail runners unless your hunting crazy steep stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
              just take some trail runners unless your hunting crazy steep stuff..
              I'm with him. If you're crossing creeks in crocs, I wouldn't think you would need much of a hiking boot.
              My Solomon speedcross, have served me well during early season hunts.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    I'm with him. If you're crossing creeks in crocs, I wouldn't think you would need much of a hiking boot.
                    My Solomon speedcross, have served me well during early season hunts.
                    How do those work for you when carrying a heavy pack. I carry camp usually about 3 days in before coming out.

Comment

I really dig my solomons, they have maintained their waterproofness better than any other boots I've had so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankyWF View Post
                        How do those work for you when carrying a heavy pack. I carry camp usually about 3 days in before coming out.
                        No issues at all. I hike all the time, and in the warmer months, 75% of the time, I'm in a pair of speedcross.
                        Packed in with them multiple times over the yrs. Neon colors and all. Don't tell anyone, but the elk really don't care what color they are .
                        Heavy is relative. If you're carrying in 50lb + I would recommend a boot.

Comment

Salomons may work well for narrow feet. I’m a medium and have never found a Salomon that fit well despite trying multiple sizes/styles. I’ve settled on Oboz. Waterproof. Good tread. Comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparzo View Post
                            Salomons may work well for narrow feet. I’m a medium and have never found a Salomon that fit well despite trying multiple sizes/styles. I’ve settled on Oboz. Waterproof. Good tread. Comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            And American made!! That's a jam up company right there ! I've recommended them several times on here. Awesome warranty dept as well.
                            3 yrs ago I had the top eyelet, of a 2yr old pair of boots, snap off during a elk hunt.
                            They replaced them for free.
                            Also put about 5000 miles on a pair hitchhiking across the west, and they were flawless from the get go.
                            They also spend their money, giving back to the outdoors.
                            Unfortunately, for most part, it seems very few know about them.

Comment

When I went to Idaho elk hunting my neighbor that hunts everywhere talked me into buying a pair and fell in love with the Irish setter vaprtek boots. They weight 2.9 lbs a pair and no break in required. Almost like wearing a tennis shoe. Waterproof. They have insulated and non insulated. You can find them for a about $125. I found mine on sale for $99.

Comment

Working...
                              X