Van Zandt County Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Zandt County Live Hunt

Getting ready to head out. Sitting until 8:45-9:00 then headed to watch my son play baseball. Then depending on how they do, maybe back on stand about 4:45-5:00.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Good luck sitting in a blind now waiting on daylight

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks and good luck to yall as well. Woods coming to life now.....just need a visitor to show up.

Comment

My view

Comment

Hope you have success in your new stand. Looks like a good spot.

Serious question for you... when you squeeze in a short hunt before an event you need to be at, do you ever "worry" that something worth shooting will walk out 5 mins before you have to get down and leave? I would have a hard time passing on a shooter buck, but then the wait and work begins, probably making me late or not able to make it to wherever I needed to be. I have often thought about this when I've tried to squeeze in a short hunt.

Comment

Following.....good luck.

Comment

Good Luck! Great morning to be out!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

Serious question for you... when you squeeze in a short hunt before an event you need to be at, do you ever "worry" that something worth shooting will walk out 5 mins before you have to get down and leave? I would have a hard time passing on a shooter buck, but then the wait and work begins, probably making me late or not able to make it to wherever I needed to be. I have often thought about this when I've tried to squeeze in a short hunt.
                  Yea. It would have to be a big one for me to shoot right before I left. I work half days on Saturdays so I try to hunt when I can.

Saw one doe so far but no shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

And I'm trying to figure out where me and my son to sit next weekend for youth. Last season saw deer on back of the place , this year they on the front of it. Not sure if bulldozing the back fence and building a new fence and putting cows on it affected that or not.

Comment

Probably head out about 3:30-4:00

Comment

Two deer were on hand corn when I walked up. They didn't blow so hopefully they come back.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I'm not as patient as I like to think I am. I like hunting on the backside of the place watching the bottom. Can see a lot of country. Not so much where I'm at now.

Maybe I just get bored easily, lol. I know one can step out at any moment.

I do have some boone n crockett squirrels tho, lol

Comment

Starting to drizzle a bit now. Going to try n stick it out unless it gets bad. Kinda come n goes

Comment

Working...
                              X