Multiple rifles in blind while hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple rifles in blind while hunting.

Do any of y’all take a smaller caliber rifle with you too the blind? I can’t make up my mind if I’ll be taking a AR or a 17 besides my 6.5 SAUM.

Once I get a suppressed 17 hmr wouldn't be opposed to it for the small stuff. But currently no.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting with my 5.56 and 300WM right now. We have a big pig problem.

Suppressor sits on the 300WM until the pigs come, then I switch.

I bought an AR 10 last year to avoid carrying two but it doesn’t cycle well with the suppressor. Sig says I need to put 300 rounds in. I asked them to send me the ammo first....

Comment

I hate sitting in a blind, but when I do I’m usually rocking a 556 AR as well as a bolt gun. AR usually has thermal on it, while the bolt gun I feel comfortable with to 600 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          Sitting with my 5.56 and 300WM right now. We have a big pig problem.

Suppressor sits on the 300WM until the pigs come, then I switch.

I bought an AR 10 last year to avoid carrying two but it doesn’t cycle well with the suppressor. Sig says I need to put 300 rounds in. I asked them to send me the ammo first....
          Adjustable gas block maybe?

Comment

Usually I carry my .243 it’s rare when I don’t but I will always carry a .22 or the ar as well for pigs

Comment

yep i do, coyotes get to eat the cheap ammo

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                Adjustable gas block maybe?
                It’s most likely a Sig 716, which is a piston driven rifle. It comes with a factory adjustable piston.

Comment

I keep a suppressed 22 pistol in my backpack. When that squirrel is barking at you from a tree over you can shut him up quietly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sit with my bow and 300blk suppressed AR pistol. Later in season I'll add the .270 for me and handi rifle .223 for daughter.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I want a fox and a badger in a bad way. But a 195gr out of a 300win is not appropriate.

Comment

I was after a huge Tom bobcat one year and didn't want to tear him up with my deer rifle for a mount. I'd carry a bolt action 223 along with me and never saw him. Didn't feel like dragging two rifles one morning and he came out. Go figure. Never did get him.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          It’s most likely a Sig 716, which is a piston driven rifle. It comes with a factory adjustable piston.
                          Makes since. I have a piston driven LWRC and it functions well as setup with a suppressor. It seems to have quiet a bit less “sneeze” than direct impingement ones.

Comment

Usually only carry the 257 wby when rifle hunting. But I do bring a shotgun loaded with 00buck when I’m bow hunting. I prefer it for coyotes and pigs over an ar or smaller rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by snipermedic View Post
                              I want a fox and a badger in a bad way. But a 195gr out of a 300win is not appropriate.
                              Lies! A 300 win is always appropriate!

I carry a pistol with me and one rifle. That’s it. Not many small critters I’d get mounted so if I blow one in half it’s still dead and that’s the goal

Comment

Working...
                              X