**** Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Coyotes

Yesterday morning didn't have a single deer come in. Around 8:30 I see a doe about 80yds in a dead run busting through the woods. 5 seconds later I hear a horrible sound from a what I assumed was a fawn. Sure enough a large coyote had taken a doe fawn down. Sad deal but I know its part of nature. Hate to see a deer die this way and plan on killing this yote next time i go. Never pass on an opportunity to kill a yote. There's no telling how many other deer just this one has and will kill.

Choot um...

Comment

Yep, kill the suckers

Comment

Yep, there was another thread a while back where some folks were asking why kill the coyotes, they don't kill deer

Comment

I have seen packs on cameras running does just before they drop a fawn in the spring. I'm sure they know what they are doing looking for an easy meal. Part of nature but they will reduce your deer numbers. Plus you may not see asany deer if there are coyotes on the prowl.

Comment

And people say you shouldnt shoot yotes cuz their good for the eco system. Sorry. I couldnt disagree more. Kill em all! Sorry for your loss on the deer.

Comment

You should have gone after them. With them being distracted you could have gotten within bow range.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                You should have gone after them. With them being distracted you could have gotten within bow range.
                Indeed.

Comment

Lesson learned.... Plus I seen last night they are edible Jk

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
                    Lesson learned.... Plus I seen last night they are edible Jk
                    Especially with a nice Chianti and fava beans! LoL

Comment

I carry a predator call in my pack & end every morning/mid-day hunt with a 10-20 min sequence & start every afternoon/evening hunt with the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        I carry a predator call in my pack & end every morning/mid-day hunt with a 10-20 min sequence & start every afternoon/evening hunt with the same.
                        I need to start doing this. Always have my calls anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          My FIL actually saw the yote while he was driving to pick me up. He had no idea that it had killed a fawn 30 min prior. Took off before he had a chance to shoot. He walked around to see if he could see him but no luck other than finding the fawn. It was a single yote and no pack. I will post pics.

Comment

shooooooooooooooooooot

Comment

[ATTACH]557543[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X