Tyhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    Looks like they are posting some stuff on FB but its sporadic. I've been calling, and they keep saying the website will be up and running any day. At this point, I don't have much faith in there website guy.
    I just jumped on the FB link and registered Hagen for a few hunts. I guess we'll have to keep going back and checking that. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
      Here is the google doc's link to sign up. You enter the hunters and your info on page 1 and select hunts on page 2.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...-s2Pw/viewform
      Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      I just jumped on the FB link and registered Hagen for a few hunts. I guess we'll have to keep going back and checking that. Thanks for the heads up.
      I just checked this link and they have added some November hunts. I need to get applying.

My 9 year old daughter is scheduled for her hunters education in a few weeks. As soon as she gets it completed, we are going to get her signed up for a few hunts. She is a newbie, never killed anything, so I like her chances of being selected!

Comment

Yup I am keeping my eye open for some they have done In the past. My daughter has been a few hunts every year so harder to get her picked so looking at putting he in for the more challenging hunts this year I know they usual offer o e u have to be able to shoot 250 yards plus just to get on the hunt. If any hunt masters for tyhp are actually on this and need a hand let me know she actually wants to try and help out on hunts this year if we. An make it work she is 13 and has taken huntmaster training just to young to guide yet lol

Comment

Looks like they are posting some stuff on FB but its sporadic. I've been calling, and they keep saying the website will be up and running any day. At this point, I don't have much faith in there website guy.
          I agree we went a few years running without being picked for a hunt, one of them is a first time hunter and i always heard they gave preference to those and kept calling but that was not the case.
          We since have just put in for the state draw hunts and luckily we have got in on some of those.
          Last edited by bossbowman; 10-01-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
            Some of this isn’t any different than what they are doing in the more crowded school districts. The program has to work with landowners and cover their liability.

What they came up with to me seems reasonable. If I had a youth who hasn't had much hunting experience and doesn’t have access to a lease or other means, I wouldn’t let these procedures stop me from taking them.

My youngest was lucky enough to win some TXPWD hunts and has other opportunities this year, otherwise I’d be signing him up with TYHP for sure.

They need hunters in years like this.

my kids 4/5 because I found it too late! loved this program and my kids have all aged out. Fully support it, hell I'd volunteer to help or hunt with a kid if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              I agree we went a few years running without being picked for a hunt, one of them is a first time hunter and i always heard they gave preference to those and kept calling but that was not the case.
              We since have just put in for the state draw hunts and luckily we have got in on some of those.
              Nothing wrong with that! I did them all with my kids and had excellent hunts on the TP&W youth hunts. The TYHP hunts were always the golden ring to me though because of the extra effort and the private ranches available. Keep applying for all and get your kids outdoors! Mine are all 20 somethings now and recall these youth hunts as best days.

Comment

Hunts are posted on the TYHP website. Site still say under construction but hunts are posted on a calendar at the bottom of the page.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunts are posted on the TYHP website. Site still say under construction but hunts are posted on a calendar at the bottom of the page.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
                  Good deal. Thx for sharing.

Comment

Has anyone had much luck or heard anything from TYHP? I've put the little man in for at least 20-25 hunts that are listed.

Comment

Has anyone had much luck or heard anything from TYHP? I've put the little man in for at least 20-25 hunts that are listed.
                      I have my daughter entered in 6 or 7 but nothing yet. Hard to keep track of which ones I entered her in. The new process doesn't keep track of your entries like the old one did.

Comment

I have my daughter entered in 6 or 7 but nothing yet. Hard to keep track of which ones I entered her in. The new process doesn't keep track of your entries like the old one did.
                        I'm in the same boat.

Comment

Not yet. My youngest daughter is getting her hunters ed this weekend and I will be putting her in for some hunts soon. She's a first timer, so I like her odds of being selected.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            Not yet. My youngest daughter is getting her hunters ed this weekend and I will be putting her in for some hunts soon. She's a first timer, so I like her odds of being selected.
                            H is a first timer with TYHP, but has hunted. So, I didn't check off the first timer option. I guess that may hurt his chances a bit.

Comment

H is a first timer with TYHP, but has hunted. So, I didn't check off the first timer option. I guess that may hurt his chances a bit.
                              I think this year they may be a short on hunts so it may be a little different, first time option did not work for us, multiple years too
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 10-21-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I called and spoke with them today. They are full through the end of this month. They are having to hand key every kid for every entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X