Hondo Uvalde area sights to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hondo Uvalde area sights to see

Ok guys just out of curiosity is there anything you guys recommend to go see around the area withing 1-1.5hr drive.

We camp just outside of DHANIS area during south zone dove opener.

There is usually a group of us guys that make a trip around lunch time to go sight see around.

Last year we made the drive up around concan, leakey, garner state park, Utopia and back to camp. Since a bunch of us had never seen the Frio river.

We usually hunt in Pearsall one morning and always stop in Los Cazadores if we are around the area.

Primo Processing.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
      Primo Processing.
      Man I was gonna say the same thing.

If y'all go, ask Josh for the nickel tour.

Comment

Go see the Frio bat flight, just outside of Concan. It's the 2nd largest colony the world that is open to the public. It's pretty cool to see. friobatflight.com.

Comment

Does Primo have a store front?

We always stop at Dzuiks and by steaks and sausage but we may have to make 2 stops.

There stuff looks good online.

Comment

I see they have a meat market it looks like idk how we have missed this every year. We probably spend 1k$ ++ at Dzuiks when we stop every year between us 8-10 guys. Between the Bacon, steaks, pork and quail sausages jerky etc

Comment

Billy Bob's Burgers in Hondo......the Giant Heart Attack was Scotty's favorite. Stopped there every time on our way to the old lease outside Sabinal.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                Billy Bob's Burgers in Hondo......the Giant Heart Attack was Scotty's favorite. Stopped there every time on our way to the old lease outside Sabinal.

Stu
                Thanks for the input! We cook everyday though. We don’t play when it comes to those meals

Comment

The oasis is ulvalde is a pretty cool mom and pop hunting and fishing store. It also has a restaurant but I've never eaten there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saint Dominic Cemetery and church ruins

Comment

Pecan pie at Lost Maples cafe in Utopia!

Comment

Originally posted by wildaggie View Post
                        Go see the Frio bat flight, just outside of Concan. It's the 2nd largest colony the world that is open to the public. It's pretty cool to see. friobatflight.com.
                        I 2nd this! Saw it in July, pretty freaking awesome, a ton of bats! The buttermilk and coconut pies in Concan are pretty good too!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                          The oasis is ulvalde is a pretty cool mom and pop hunting and fishing store. It also has a restaurant but I've never eaten there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                          Yea been there several times the breakfast buffet at the Mexican restaurant across the street was really good!

Comment

I have to throw in a plug for Nora's Taco's in Sabinal. My absolute favorite place to eat anywhere. Great atmosphere and excellent food.

Comment

Take a ride over to Bandera!
                              27 miles north of Hondo.
                              Lots of places to eat and get a cold one. Famous for Dude ranches and cowboy culture!
                              Last edited by Jimbo47; 08-25-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X