Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round Casting Reels - Thing of the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a MINT, never before had line on it, 5000A red reel with the leather case and all accessories. It's currently a display piece on a rod I hand built in the '70's from a Fenwick blank, they replicate the combo I used in my teens and 20's. Sometimes I think of putting it to use in my current hobby of slinging "throwback lures" (H&H's, Beetle Spins, Jitterbugs, Creme double exposed hook rigs, etc.) at the Ditch Pickels, but just can't bring myself to do it. Same with a low-use Mitchell 300 spinning reel I have. I guess I'll just keep using my budget Shimano's for that.

Stu

Comment

I fished with a guide's ambassador once, 4500 or 5500. It was a narrow spool model, and sounded like the bearings were gone, but it would cast a mile. I looked at some at first Monday Saturday, and may have bought one but the guy wanted too much. Like $60.

Comment

I picked up my old gold Calcutta 250 and rigged it on a 7fter. Oiled it tuned the balance do-dillys and it’s like new. Feels good in my hand too.

Comment

I've got a 4600 that;s still my favorite bass baitcast rig on a 7' stiff rod. Got about 5-6 more 5000-6500's a couple w/ clickers for baitfishing and catfish

Comment

Working...
          X