THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
    Anyone else hear those jer k offs going ape shi t in the 12 mile area?? Seriously who the h ell does that??? Literally, shot up the entire area with pistols and rifles for no apparent reason... Some people just have no clue how there stupidity can cause an entire evening to be screw ed... Dam I need a drink!
    Dove hunters?

Saw your truck on my way home tonight. You stick anything yet?

Comment

Not dove hunters... it was clearly a pistol and a rifle... these people were going ape shi t the other night... drank it off.... typical San Angelo though.... yeah i got a great buck out at my lease in Runnels county... tried to upload a picture for you along with that map i told you about but I'm having issues uploading images for some reason... sent a message to the administrator to get it worked out... once we get the issue resolved i'll send you the pictures and that map.... The warmer weather is keeping the deer down longer.. not having any pictures during daylight hours... only after dark... anyone else having this issue at TBR?

Comment

Killed a young buck opening day and saw four does at about 6:30 a week ago yesterday. Other than that only deer I've seen in daylight have been deer I've seen driving in. That rain gave them a lot of browse too, so even when I've seen deer around corn, they haven't stuck around long and don't eat much.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
          has anyone done any hunting out there this year i heard they finally open the gates this wkend just wondering if anyone has done any good yet post some pics if so
          New to the Forum and hunting San Angelo, but went out into Area 1, saw some deer x4 in the mornging then went to Area 4 in the afternoon, saw 10 turkeys but couldn't get a shot, shot a good cull buck at about 1915, a little 4 point about 3 yrs old and saw about 7 more does and yearlings around 2000. Monday hunted area 4, saw only 4 doe and a yearling all day. someone was haulin butt through the area blasting music and yelling and carrying on and cutting brush for blinds. Made me quite angry that people do not have any kind of respect for others....

Comment

Twin Buttes 8 pointer

Score and Age on this TBR 8 pointer?
            Attached Files

Comment

Score and Age on this TBR 8 pointer?
              looks like you having same luck as me deer and pigs eating at 1 am to 4 am almost every morning not 1 pic in afternoon or morning in state park

Comment

Yeah the earliest I'm got them in 5 minutes after dark... Not a single day time picture... Gotta love it.... However, I think once the cold gets here it will be a whole new ball game... At least that's my excuse....

Comment

Yeah the earliest I'm got them in 5 minutes after dark... Not a single day time picture... Gotta love it.... However, I think once the cold gets here it will be a whole new ball game... At least that's my excuse....
                  yes that is what i am hoping for good luck to you

Comment

I didnt think you were aloud set up blinds and feeders out there. I talk to the lady at the office the other day and she said no blinds or perminant feeders were aloud anyone have a decent map to show the units yall are talking about I think I am going to try and head that way next week for wedensday and thursday. Any good tips and warnings would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

What lady at what office?....the state park, perhaps?(not sure on rules and regs of the state park)... But, Blinds and feeders are privilant throughout TWR hunting areas... If its not allowed then I guess it's kind of an unenforced issue... Grab you some sugar beet crush or some comere deer and head out to any of thr areas and find a decent fence line crossing and you see a lot of action at dawn and dusk... Area 5 is no-mans land and would be a great spot for some big bucks... Same with the back of area 4.... Area 1 is probably the most popular area so you might be stepping on someone's toes if your not careful.... Hit me up for a tour or some more info

Comment

JDV thanks for the info and for sure a show around would be awesome it was at the park office I wasnt aware they were two different parts. If I was to be down that direction next wedensday and thursday would you be free. Also in that area are atv or mules able to be used? One other thing is the same thing require as far as the 48 dollar permit required over there?

Comment

Do yall have alot of problems with people stealing or damaging your equipment when left in the park?

Comment

Had a camera jacked back on April in area 4 of TBR... Don't know about the state PARK... Don't hunt out there

Comment

But I've had my blind, feeder, and cameras out since July and have only caught 3 people on camera but none of them messed with my stuff... Thank god

Comment

[QUOTE=JDVerfurth;6023324]But I've had my blind, feeder, and cameras out since July and have only caught 3 people on camera but none of them messed with my stuff... Thank god

Comment

Working...
                                X