Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you put liquor in checked baggage on the airline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you put liquor in checked baggage on the airline?

Flying to Missoula, Montana

Just hit me in the face...we were planning on buying whiskey once we got to Montana to pack in our packs for our fishing trip. We are flying in on a SUNDAY and hit the trail head early Monday morning (before 10am likely- will have to check with the guide).

Can we put a few bottles for the group in some checked luggage? Or can you not fly with bottles of liquid?

I do it all the time

Comment

Just have to make sure its in the checked bag

Comment

Yes, I carry a bottle or fill a few Nalgenes.

Comment

I know you can bring Cruzan back from St Thomas, we had lots of it left, it all made it home.

Comment

Ok, we will bubble wrap the heck out of it I guess OR...probably weird question-

can we fill up our trail Nalgene bottles or does it need to be in original packaging?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
              Yes, I carry a bottle or fill a few Nalgenes.
              Beat me to it...

Comment

Yes I flew back with a 6 pack of handmade whiskey barrel aged stouts from Wisconsin once

Comment

Make sure you protect it, but yes you can pack liquor in your checked bag. I normally wrap mine in a shirt or something soft, then tuck it in a shoe or boot in my checked bag. Just because we know how rough baggage handlers can be with luggage

Comment

You can also bring (i believe a quart size bag) of minis in your carry on. we do this when doing weekend trips like vegas, nola with no checked bag.

Comment

Yes you are good. As mentioned above, wrap bottle(s) so they don’t break.

Comment

Yes. Just make sure that there is little chance of it breaking.

Comment

Like everyone says above make sure to protect it as best you can. Went to Europe on a trip with our school as teenagers. One of the girls in our group bought some beer for her mom and put it in her checked bag. You guessed it, she grabbed it off the baggage claim, the bottle had broken, and soaked her clothes.

Comment

Specs and Total Wine sell these bags that are like bubblewrap that you put a bottle in and then seal at the top. We have used them for wine coming home from Europe, Bourbon to the USVIs. and not had a problem. Always try to put them in the middle of a bag and not on the edges or sides.

Comment

Wrap it with clothes and stuff it in a small dry bag. If it busts, at least it will be somewhat contained.

Comment

Working...
                              X