Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-28-2021, 02:34 PM   #1
BLAKJAX
Eight Point

Hunt In: brady,kansas, sulphur springs
Default Cabo Next week

Ok we went ahead an got Married last Saturday at my house , Was a Great Little Wedding with a Handful of Friends , No out of the Country Paper Work an No Stress of a Big Wedding . Now its off for Our Honeymoon/Vacation , Cabo San Luces it is , Plane Tickets done , Resort Booked , Covid Shots Done Passports Good , Now We Need Recommendations on Must See/Must Do ? Best places to Eat ? We will be there 7-13 May . Lets hear it Cabo Folks .
BLAKJAX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
JTCowpoke
Eight Point

Tagged, I"m going in June
JTCowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 02:47 PM   #3
McCEC
Nubbin' Buck

For Italian food in cabo san lucas I like

Invita Bistro

+52 624 143 1386

It would be a nice place to take your new bride...small...not too loud
McCEC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #4
DPElite
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Go fish with my amigo Francisco pm me for his info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #5
Texastaxi
Pope & Young

Hunt In: now accepting invitations!

Solomon's Landing for good food and drinks.
Texastaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #6
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Webb Counties

Tagging. We’ll be there the end of July.
panhandlehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #7
Geronimo2091
Four Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Kimble Counties

If you're interested in fishing, check out Cabo Texas Star. Give Roy Hazen a call. 832-723-2080.
Geronimo2091 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 03:09 PM   #8
Crazzy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria

Go eat at Missiones De Kino.
If you catch fish for eating have them cook it. They are a block from Cabo Wabo but really good.
I love Cabo.
If you do Facebook look up Felipe Justo Mayo, that is who I fish with everytime!!!
He also works for Tag Cabo Charters.
Crazzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #9
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Book your xfer from airport to hotel now.

Do not wait.

Book a ride from airport to hotel now.

Do not wait.

Now, all solid recs so far.

I'll add j&j habano in town, there is also a good spot with all outdoor cover seating by marina that's good. Near red rums office is good coffee and breakfast tacos out of the bed of a truck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 03:27 PM   #10
DPElite
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastaxi View Post
Solomon's Landing for good food and drinks.

Yes This for sure
Or try the office as well

DPElite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 03:29 PM   #11
Dbap
Four Point

Hunt In: Foard/Red River Counties

Been many times. Italian, Romeo & Juliet. Taco's for lunch, Gardenia's. Open air seafood, Marisco's Mazatlan. Nice seafood in a cool garden setting, La Golondrina.

Rent a car and drive to Todo Santos. Cool town, have lunch at hotel California. Spend the afternoon at a great beach on the way back Ceritos Beach. Great day trip, done it many times. Take a snorkeling trip up the Sea of Cortez side to a great national sea park. For a great beer, go to the place in the picture to the left. This gal was great. Didn't talk, couldn't drink, didn't complain. I don't remember the name of this place, near Cabo Wabo.
Dbap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #12
bollomb
Ten Point

Hunt In: Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo2091 View Post
If you're interested in fishing, check out Cabo Texas Star. Give Roy Hazen a call. 832-723-2080.
Ha i have enjoyed following Roy along on his adventure
bollomb is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #13
trozy55
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

X3 on Solomons, if you are more adventurous hike up Mt Solmar. It's more like a really steep hill but great views from the top. It's the giant hill on the south end of the marina, you can't miss it!!
trozy55 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 04:29 PM   #14
Barney1971
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: maverick co

im flying out sunday... staying at rancho leonero outside cabo. got 2 days booked for fishing and roosterfish off beach at resort..cant wait.
Barney1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 06:50 PM   #15
asttbe
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My yard

The best food is away from the tourist area a couple blocks. We always rent a car and make a trip to Todos Santos or La Paz. We actually took a bus to Todos Santos once. It was pretty cool too.

Go fishing of course. Don’t do the Diamanté time share presentation or you will be happy you did like us. We love diamanté

asttbe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 06:53 PM   #16
sahunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Central and South Texas

Tagged
sahunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #17
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Kongrats.......just enjoy your time there! Plenty to deaux and see. Also, probably 25 threads on here about Cabo that will give you even more insight.
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #18
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1971 View Post
im flying out sunday... staying at rancho leonero outside cabo. got 2 days booked for fishing and roosterfish off beach at resort..cant wait.
Rooster fish from the beach makes great sushi

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2021, 07:30 PM   #19
capt341
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman County

Giggling Marlin downtown is a fun bar to hang out in.
If you need transfers from airport check out Fun Around Cabo, Rolando is great to deal with (www.funaroundcabo.com)
capt341 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 07:42 PM   #20
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

I've become close friends with a bar owner named Tomas over the years. He owns a bar called Usual Suspects in the marina. He was rubbing it in that I wasn't down there right now, so I sent him a picture flipping him the bird last night. He sent this picture back... Toby Keith returning the gesture.. never know who you'll run into down there! Go check him out.
Attached Images

ACCURACYINC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #21
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Hold up there, young fella. You still have a few things left to do to ensure you have a safe and pleasant trip before you start worrying about where to go and where to eat! Mexico, like most other countries in Central America, is not the safest place, especially for U.S. citizens (yea, yea...I know you’re staying in an all inclusive resort, however...).

Here are a few of the most important things I pulled off my International Travel Checklist that I think you should consider doing (it’s eight pages long so I just focused on the most important information):

1. Make copies of your passports, DLs, credit cards (front & back), and itinerary (which should include the name, address, and phone # of your hotel and the same info for your travel agent, if using); keep one set with you and leave one set with a friend or family member here in the states. If either of you goes missing—God forbid—this is the information the embassy and/or State Dept will ask for first.

2. Make additional copies of your passports and DLs and place copies in EACH piece of luggage. Very important in case your luggage gets lost.

3. File your itinerary with the U.S. Department of State. If—God forbid—either of you goes missing, this makes it easier for your loved ones in the U.S. to initiate an investigation into your whereverabouts.

4. Go online research medical centers near your resort, and specifically look for those with high level trauma centers. (In many Central and South American countries, there are two avenues of medical care: private pay facilities—in some countries, these are referred to as “clinicas”—and the free, government paid facilities—counterintuitively referred to as “hospitals.” Also, Johns-Hopkins has satellite hospitals in many countries around the world, which would provide an even higher level of medical care. Write down the name, address, and phone # of this facility in advance so you don’t have to try to find it in the middle of a medical emergency.

5. Make an “In Case of Emergency” card that each of you carries on your person at all times that includes the following information IN SPANISH: your name, where you’re staying, your emergency contact both with you and back home, name and # of your U.S. primary care physician, and a statement instructing emergency personnel to take you to the medical facility you previously identified (see #4).

6. If you have group health insurance, say, through your employer, call them and ask whether your benefits apply when you travel outside the U.S. Most do; in fact, some of the larger health insurance programs will have in-network doctors in cities and other tour destinations commonly frequented by U.S. travelers. Make sure to ask them exactly what kind of documentation they require in order to reimburse you. Often, it’s more detailed than that which would be required of you if you were treated here in the states.

7. And finally, purchase some international travel insurance for you and your spouse. For as little as a few dollars a day, you can purchase coverage that includes healthcare coverage (yes, in addition to your current insurance plan), medical evacuation for you AND for your spouse to accompany you (if you have a medical emergency requiring highly specialized services, i.e. robotic surgery, you’re better off having these performed by a U.S. doctor her in the states), emergency evacuation services (in the event of political instability, riots, or other insurrections, and a rider for “repatriation of remains.” This ensures that in the event you meet an untimely death while traveling, God forbid, your remains will immediately evacuated and will be flown, along with your spouse, back to the U.S.

A safe and pleasant trip is the ultimate goal and a reasonable expectation. However, in the event the unexpected happens, you will feel secure knowing you have plans in place to mitigate negative outcomes.

Safe travels.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 08:03 PM   #22
makotex
Six Point

Hunt In: TX & CO

Congrats Amigo!
The Office for sure if its your first time.
Giggling Marlin for a night after drinks. They told me it was fun.
Ediths for a steak if you want to spend a little bit.
Sancho's Tacos down by the marina is owned or operated by some TX ppl and a great place to grab lunch and drinks.
Book your ride to/from airport before you leave 100%. You will get bombarded with people trying to get you in the car.
Take a taxi and not Uber unless they changed the rules for Uber.

They're catching big swordfish on surface bite right now so that could be pretty exciting if you go offshore.
makotex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 08:06 PM   #23
ClayW
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Karnes County

Our favorite spot is Captain Tony’s

And grab some tacos at Tacos Gus
ClayW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #24
chehunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County/ NM

It's been a while and may not be there....but I remember a place called the trailer park...or something like that. Shrimp were amazing! disclaimer...I was drinking alot!
chehunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #25
rocky
Pope & Young

So, you got married. You are no longer my hero. You’re dead to me.
rocky is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2021, 05:41 AM   #26
Huntingfool
Ten Point

The Office - drop mike
Huntingfool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2021, 06:33 AM   #27
nick05
Eight Point

Hunt In: ETX, DCNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingfool View Post
The Office - drop mike
x2
nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2021, 07:27 AM   #28
Pokey
Six Point

Hunt In: Mexico,Caldwell Co.

X2 on Trailer Park if still open
Pokey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2021, 07:30 AM   #29
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

If you go to the office try and sit as close to the water as you can. The beach there is supposed to be the only one you can actually get in the water close to town.

Take dark sun glasses cause the scenery is great
Old 04-29-2021, 08:11 AM   #30
Huntingfool
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
X2 on Trailer Park if still open
last I heard they are closed
Huntingfool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2021, 08:58 AM   #31
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
Hold up there, young fella. You still have a few things left to do to ensure you have a safe and pleasant trip before you start worrying about where to go and where to eat! Mexico, like most other countries in Central America, is not the safest place, especially for U.S. citizens (yea, yea...I know you’re staying in an all inclusive resort, however...).

Here are a few of the most important things I pulled off my International Travel Checklist that I think you should consider doing (it’s eight pages long so I just focused on the most important information):

1. Make copies of your passports, DLs, credit cards (front & back), and itinerary (which should include the name, address, and phone # of your hotel and the same info for your travel agent, if using); keep one set with you and leave one set with a friend or family member here in the states. If either of you goes missing—God forbid—this is the information the embassy and/or State Dept will ask for first.

2. Make additional copies of your passports and DLs and place copies in EACH piece of luggage. Very important in case your luggage gets lost.

3. File your itinerary with the U.S. Department of State. If—God forbid—either of you goes missing, this makes it easier for your loved ones in the U.S. to initiate an investigation into your whereverabouts.

4. Go online research medical centers near your resort, and specifically look for those with high level trauma centers. (In many Central and South American countries, there are two avenues of medical care: private pay facilities—in some countries, these are referred to as “clinicas”—and the free, government paid facilities—counterintuitively referred to as “hospitals.” Also, Johns-Hopkins has satellite hospitals in many countries around the world, which would provide an even higher level of medical care. Write down the name, address, and phone # of this facility in advance so you don’t have to try to find it in the middle of a medical emergency.

5. Make an “In Case of Emergency” card that each of you carries on your person at all times that includes the following information IN SPANISH: your name, where you’re staying, your emergency contact both with you and back home, name and # of your U.S. primary care physician, and a statement instructing emergency personnel to take you to the medical facility you previously identified (see #4).

6. If you have group health insurance, say, through your employer, call them and ask whether your benefits apply when you travel outside the U.S. Most do; in fact, some of the larger health insurance programs will have in-network doctors in cities and other tour destinations commonly frequented by U.S. travelers. Make sure to ask them exactly what kind of documentation they require in order to reimburse you. Often, it’s more detailed than that which would be required of you if you were treated here in the states.

7. And finally, purchase some international travel insurance for you and your spouse. For as little as a few dollars a day, you can purchase coverage that includes healthcare coverage (yes, in addition to your current insurance plan), medical evacuation for you AND for your spouse to accompany you (if you have a medical emergency requiring highly specialized services, i.e. robotic surgery, you’re better off having these performed by a U.S. doctor her in the states), emergency evacuation services (in the event of political instability, riots, or other insurrections, and a rider for “repatriation of remains.” This ensures that in the event you meet an untimely death while traveling, God forbid, your remains will immediately evacuated and will be flown, along with your spouse, back to the U.S.

A safe and pleasant trip is the ultimate goal and a reasonable expectation. However, in the event the unexpected happens, you will feel secure knowing you have plans in place to mitigate negative outcomes.

Safe travels.

You are turning out to be a very productive member of this forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FLASH_OUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-29-2021, 09:06 AM   #32
BLAKJAX
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
so, you got married. You are no longer my hero. You’re dead to me.
lmao !!
Old 04-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #33
BLAKJAX
Eight Point

All Great INFO ! Thanks Guys an Gals !! So tell me Again Rocky , What is it that you do these days besides work in your Garden ? I haven't seen any fishing or hunting pics. from you in over 3 years I Guess when you get OLD thats what you do ?
Old 04-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #34
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
You are turning out to be a very productive member of this forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh, please! If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard this pick-up line...

(All kidding aside, thank you. I am very flattered.)
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top