Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #51
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Prayers sent your way brother. Update us when you can.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #52
Cliff Dog
Four Point

Hunt In: Irion County

Hang in there! We are praying for you
Cliff Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 04:08 PM   #53
jer_james
Pope & Young

You have a lifeline - just follow up! Thinking about ya, Bud!
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #54
kcmarullo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma

Prayers up for you Bud stay strong !
kcmarullo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 04:48 PM   #55
critter69
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

Op you there ? Your not alone bud, we want to hear from you !
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #56
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

CW, if you haven’t figured it out, there’s great people on here that care about you and your family. Many, like myself , don’t know you. But we’re here to offer you whatever we can. Hang in there bro.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 05:15 PM   #57
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Prayers for you, brother. Contact Cajun Blake as others have said. He is a great guy and can help you.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 05:47 PM   #58
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land

Prayers sent Brother
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #59
Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprabbit59 View Post
Anyone Heard from him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me. Iím available 24/7 if he calls.

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 10:12 PM   #60
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier

Still no word from him. I sent a PM with my phone number. His last post started this thread.

He logged in around 7:30pm tonight.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2021, 10:45 PM   #61
laredoarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: SouthTex

Putting you on the top of the GS list. Hope you’re good bro.
laredoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 06:24 AM   #62
Texas8point
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas

Prayers for you this morning !
Texas8point is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 06:41 AM   #63
ontarget
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard

You have taken the hardest step, many of us have been through some hard times. Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom in order for us to really reach out and pray. Believe me I have been there. I now continue praying even when things are going well, thanking him for his blessings. Lots of good advice, most important is to pray, seek a church or other professional counseling and help. You WILL get through this, start focusing on the positive and things will start turning around. Praying for you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #64
Royal21973
Ten Point

Hunt In: Deep South Texas and will travel

Prayers up for you
Royal21973 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:23 AM   #65
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

There is always light at the end of the tunnel, and the end of that tunnel is within reach. No matter your circumstance, there is hope, and I pray that you see that and attain peace with God and with yourself. You have a lot to offer the world. People need you and respect you more than you think. Prayers for you buddy.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 08:05 AM   #66
SRK14
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cass, miller

Iíve been in your shoes buddy, thereís lots of good people here willing to help you out. Iíve been in a situation that sounds very similar to yours, minus the kids. Pm me if you need a lifeline. Your gonna find out the true value of having good friends. I always had an addictive nature, but good people and some faith in god can do wonders. The devil never sleeps. if your not constantly fighting him, heís steadily gaining ground. Back away from the ledge and pick yourself up off the floor and reach out to one of us.
SRK14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 08:16 AM   #67
JonBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Doss, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
Still no word from him. I sent a PM with my phone number. His last post started this thread.

He logged in around 7:30pm tonight.
Shows his last activity on the site was yesterday evening...not posting but at least he's on. Anyone know him enough to possibly do (or send) a welfare check?

OP you've got a lot of people on this site (including myself) who are here as a sounding board if you need us. Find someone, anyone, who you can just talk things out to...you've already taken the hardest first step, the second one won't be as bad and then the third...
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #68
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a camo banana hammock.

Praying for you, brother. Reach out to someone here who has offered to listen and counsel (that includes me).
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 09:16 AM   #69
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Prayers sent ...hope he chimes back in. He lives in Houston.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #70
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Prayers sent. Hope he chimes back in. I am in Houston if I can help in any way.
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 05:54 PM   #71
critter69
Pope & Young

Checkin in to see how he’s doing, still nothing it looks like. My prayers are with you op !
Old 03-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #72
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

PM sent
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:00 PM   #73
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

?? Anyone hear from him?
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:10 PM   #74
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

CW, I hope you have reached out to one of these GS members for help/advice. They have laid it all out there, all you have to do is reach out to them. They've been there and done that. I hope you are a God fearing man and are in deep prayer for help from our Father Almighty.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:13 PM   #75
warrington
Ten Point

Hunt In: Abilene

Prayers up for you

You have to be intentional

Everyone in their soul, god puts, guilt
When you have that thought of should I really make this choice, answer it with a no

No one can change you, this is a choice you have to make

You have to be intentional in rectifying all the relationships that you have harmed jn your past. That guilt will stay seeded until you really ask forgiveness feom those you harmed.
Donít make excuses for your past. Acknowledge your wrong doing and change.

Bad habits are hard to break. Fun bad habits are harder to break.

Your time each day is limited. Need to make sure you spend it in ways that will help you grow.
Being saved out a man named Jesus on my shoulder, and I try not to fail him. I DO. I am a sinner but he makes me better. At least he gave me a conscious that makes me feel guilt.
warrington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #76
warrington
Ten Point

Hunt In: Abilene

Him not posting is not a problem. Hopefully he is spending his time more wisely. Many of us take a lot of time away from our family to post things that don’t matter. Family time would be better use of our time. Again I fail at that but luckily I have not had regular social media or I would be surely missing out. My family calls TBH daddy’s Facebook
warrington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:18 PM   #77
Dr. Evil
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard County

Praying for you, Brother!,
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 07:31 PM   #78
stickfigure
Ten Point

Hunt In: D'Hanis

I am praying that you will reach out to those on here who have reached out to you. There is a lot of wisdom within the members of this site, and there have been numerous demonstrations of deep caring for those in need over the years.
God, really, can take impossible situations and turn them to good when we trust that he can.
I look forward to hearing how your situation changes as you let God deal with you and it.
stickfigure is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 09:36 AM   #79
JhuntsAlot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Houston County, Madison County, Kendall County, where friends are.

Hoping you take advantage of the help being offered here bud. The green screen has a lot of ears willing to listen. Sometimes a few conversations can make all the difference.

Prayers going up for you.

J
JhuntsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 10:05 AM   #80
rvd
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Prayers sent for resiliency and the Peace that only comes from a relationship with Jesus. We live in a fallen world and life is a struggle, even for those that you think have it all in order, they do not without Jesus.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 10:19 AM   #81
CB_TxNole
Eight Point

Hunt In: Water Valley

Prayers. But Talk to someone!!! seriously make your self talk to someone. Don't keep it in. Seek someone to vent to, a professional who can help. And Don't lie to them. Tell them how you feel. I agree prayers, God, and all but DO NOT keep it in. This is something very very close to home with me.

Ask for help but also seek it please!
CB_TxNole is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 02:22 PM   #82
twright
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cotulla, TX

Prayers sent. Hang in there and reach out to some of these fine people. None are judgmental, but truly care about your well being.
twright is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 04:18 PM   #83
Bill
Pope & Young

Does anybody know him? Heís not responded PMs I believe.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:46 PM   #84
C-dubyah
Six Point

Thank everyone so much for your prayers and kind words. I found myself in a very dark place and I started texting close friends, praying and found professional help. I'm putting one step in front of the other, working on coping techniques and staying sober. It is hard enough navigating through life without alcohol but it is probably the worst thing you can do when everything is falling apart. Now I'm feel better and I will be ****ed if I don't want a drink while typing this too but I not going to. I cannot tell you guys how great the TBH fellowship is here and I appreciate everyone of you. Have a great day and a great weekend. God bless.

Last edited by C-dubyah; 04-09-2021 at 02:49 PM.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 03:27 PM   #85
Rj Flores
Eight Point

Hunt In: Starr

God bless
Rj Flores is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #86
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-dubyah View Post
Thank everyone so much for your prayers and kind words. I found myself in a very dark place and I started texting close friends, praying and found professional help. I'm putting one step in front of the other, working on coping techniques and staying sober. It is hard enough navigating through life without alcohol but it is probably the worst thing you can do when everything is falling apart. Now I'm feel better and I will be ****ed if I don't want a drink while typing this too but I not going to. I cannot tell you guys how great the TBH fellowship is here and I appreciate everyone of you. Have a great day and a great weekend. God bless.

I know you think youíre navigating thru life without alcohol, while the truth is youíre having to navigate the current situation BECAUSE of alcohol. Reach out to family, friends, professionals. Until you figure out the ďwhyĒ you drink to excess, this will be a vicious cycle. Itís absolutely more to this than ďwillpowerĒ.
Iím not judging or preaching, I have lived it and made it to the other side. Prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #87
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Yay!! So glad to hear that you’re upright and mobile, C-dubya! And while it sounds like you feel pretty crappy, it also sounds like you’ve made significant strides in taking control of your situation. It takes a real man to do this. (And, no, I’m not just blowing smoke up your skirt.)

Wow...staying sober, reaching out to someone for professional help, making behavioral changes, and doubling down on your talks with God...he**, each of these alone is a significant challenge, but to tackle them all together takes guts. Real guts. Do you realize how many people wish they could take the steps you did, but do not have the motivation, courage, or are too self-centered to do so? Frankly, sir, I’m very impressed.

You’ll fall off the wagon a time or too. Everybody does; and when you do, allow yourself no guilt and don’t indulge in self-recrimination, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, move forward, and don’t look back. I, too, have stared down into that dark abyss of misery and hopelessness, and when you’re there, you can see no way out. In my case, my motivation was that there were (are) people who needed me and people who depended on me. Ultimately, I decided I didn’t have the luxury to indulge in misery, grief, self-pity, and detachment. The coping and compensation skills I listed above are some of the things that things that worked for me. Hope they are of help to you, too.

Keep moving forward and always keep the faith!
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #88
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Yay!! So glad to hear that youíre upright and mobile, C-dubya! And while it sounds like you feel pretty crappy, it also sounds like youíve made significant strides in taking control of your situation. It takes a real man to do this. (And, no, Iím not just blowing smoke up your skirt.)

Wow...staying sober, reaching out to someone for professional help, making behavioral changes, and doubling down on your talks with God...he**, each of these alone is a significant challenge, but to tackle them all together takes guts. Real guts. Do you realize how many people wish they could take the steps you did, but do not have the motivation, courage, or are too self-centered to do so? Frankly, sir, Iím very impressed.

Youíll fall off the wagon a time or too. Everybody does; and when you do, allow yourself no guilt and donít indulge in self-recrimination, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, move forward, and donít look back. I, too, have stared down into that dark abyss of misery and hopelessness, and when youíre there, you can see no way out. In my case, my motivation was that there were (are) people who needed me and people who depended on me. Ultimately, I decided I didnít have the luxury to indulge in misery, grief, self-pity, and detachment. The coping and compensation skills I listed above are some of the things that things that worked for me. Hope they are of help to you, too.

Keep moving forward and always keep the faith!
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #89
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-dubyah View Post
Well this post makes my day, thanks for following up with us. Your OP's been in the back of my mind ever since I read it. Hang in there and keep fighting through it, sounds like you can see the right path ahead.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 04:58 PM   #90
basskicker24
Ten Point

Hunt In: Guadalupe county/ Ozona

Keep fighting brother. You can get through this. Iíll continue to pray for you. Keep praying yourself and moving forward.

basskicker24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 05:04 PM   #91
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

I knew and know your strong enough to come through this brother. One day at a time. Keep looking up and stayed prayed up. Everyone here is leaving the light on for ya.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #92
RedRocker
Eight Point

Keep the faith brother, one day at a time, I've been down that road & would never have believed the life I have now without alcohol, there's no problem in life that can't be made worse by drinking, take care. Mike
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2021, 08:06 AM   #93
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Prayers continue for healing and peace.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #94
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Hang in there. One day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #95
Bill
Pope & Young

This story has helped me with some tough times,

Old 04-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #96
critter69
Pope & Young

Op, I have been thinking of you as I go through this my self ( not alcohol or drugs, just anxiety ) this is like nothing I have experienced in my life. Each day Is a better day, but it takes work to make it that way. Keep your mind on positive things, and stay busy doing things you enjoy. Stay away from people that made matters worse, and find people that will help you become a better person. SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU ! Be strong ! We don’t even know each other, but you are on my mind a whole lot !
Old 04-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #97
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter69 View Post
Op, I have been thinking of you as I go through this my self ( not alcohol or drugs, just anxiety ) this is like nothing I have experienced in my life. Each day Is a better day, but it takes work to make it that way. Keep your mind on positive things, and stay busy doing things you enjoy. Stay away from people that made matters worse, and find people that will help you become a better person. SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU ! Be strong ! We donít even know each other, but you are on my mind a whole lot !
Curious man, does your anxiety keep you from going places or getting too far from the house? It runs in my family but I've not experienced it.

Prayers for you OP and anyone else in need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #98
SRK14
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cass, miller

Keep your head up op. I know how you feel, when my life fell apart I drank from sun up to sun down. And if there was a joint being passed around Iíd hit it twice. I realized I needed to straighten up when I passed out drunk behind the wheel. I came to just in time to jerk the wheel before plowing into a pin oak bottom at 70 mph. That vehicle still sits in the yard with a hell of a ding in it from the road sign I took out getting back on the road. In my case, it was marital problems that drove me over the edge. I would have never dreamed I could get so low.
SRK14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2021, 07:11 PM   #99
cj_sandman
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba

Prayers sent. Oí lord may you help guide and raise this man up from his struggles.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2021, 07:14 PM   #100
EarleyBird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
This story has helped me with some tough times,

That's good stuff.
EarleyBird is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top