• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    No wrong answer
    X2

"The Incredible, Edible Egg"

Comment

Poached with a runny yoke is my favorite way.

Scrambled isn't bad, but if so, I prefer to chop of some breakfast sausage or bacon in there. Leftover brisket is a darn good option as well.

If fried, over easy.

Not a fan at all of over cooked eggs.
      Last edited by CaptainDave; 02-24-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Tamales and eggs have been mentioned a couple of times, it’s awesome and one of my favorites. I’ll mix chorizo with eggs and eat in a tortilla. Scrambled is a favorite. Fried egg (over easy) sandwich bacon, Mayo, and a slice of velveeta on buttered toast is good too. I eat eggs 3-4 days per week for breakfast

Comment

Any way, any time!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            My favorite is fresh yard eggs fried in the bacon fat you just finished frying before you started the eggs... Don't turn 'em over, just splash the hot bacon grease up over the top of 'em and let that cook them like over easy... Serve up with the bacon, either hot biscuits or those little yeast rolls... I put black pepper on 'em and dig in... Sometimes it's nice to add some homemade blackberry jelly or mayhaw jelly... Then other times I like to douse 'em good with McIlhinney's instead of the sweetness of the jelly...

I'm by eggs like Tom T Hall was about beer...

Love 'em fried, boiled deviled, scrambled, poached, you name it... Even a fried over hard on a juicy burger is pretty dang good too!
            This is the way i was taught by my dad when i was a youngun.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Any way you can make them. Except raw......
              ^^^This^^^

Comment

Over medium.

Comment

i feel like there's an old country song about all the ways some guy likes eggs. if not there should be and this thread should be the first draft of the lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                    Poached with a runny yoke is my favorite way.

Scrambled isn't bad, but if so, I prefer to chop of some breakfast sausage or bacon in there. Leftover brisket is a darn good option as well.

If fried, over easy.

Not a fan at all of over cooked eggs.
                    Scrambled eggs belong in tortillas.

Comment

all of the above + raw and 1000 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post

When I was little, I thought that century eggs (also known as hundred-year or thousand-year eggs, pidan in Mandarin, and “What the hell is that?!”) were dinosaur eggs. Any 5-year-old could make the same assumption. There’s the name, for one thing, and the fact that the eggs are sold covered in clay and rice hulls like…

Comment

Eggs pickled in beet juice is pretty dang good. Soft fried in an omelet instead of scrambled is good as well. Has to be yard eggs though, not those tasteless store bought. Glad I have chickens. Duck or goose eggs are even better.

Comment

Preferably over easy cooked in bacon grease. But scrambled is good too as long as it’s in a breakfast taco

Comment

Unfertilized please.

Also, yes to all except for over hard. That’s just a waste of a good egg.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                                I also appreciate the flavor and texture of raw eggs. I enjoy them as an emulsifier in salad dressings (like Caesar dressing, but there are many others). However, more recently, a local restaurant/bar served a Steak Tartare appetizer that was out of this world! Beef tenderloin--finely chopped, not ground--was formed into a patty or disk (thick, like a hockey puck), a small dimple is pressed into the center, and in that dimple they placed a raw egg yolk. That egg yolk, when broken to run over the beef, created a silkiness and richness that I did not expect to like as well as I did. Have been making it this way ever since!

More recently, I came across an epicurean article about salt-cured yolks. You pour a bunch of kosher salt in a storage container, place an egg yolk in the center so that it is completely covered by salt, and let it cure for about three weeks. When you take it out, it is firm and can be grated like a truffle and used to add a kick of concentrated umami to salads, vegetables, sauces (chimichurri!), or anything else that strikes your fancy.

Has anyone else heard of or tried this?

Comment

Working...
                                X