Best value circular saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best value circular saw?

Well gonna finally get a power saw, gonna do some plantation blinds soon and that'll be a pain with hand tools. That said, what's a good value one that won't flex and give an angled cut like some of the cheapest ones. I can make cuts nice but if it cant cut straight wasting my time. All i ever used when i was framing was dewaltt since that's what boss bought.

Makita or Dewalt

Comment

I have a DeWalt and while it is a good saw it is heavy. My brother has Makita and it is every bit as good as the DeWalt bit noticably lighter.

Comment

I have ridgid... lifetime warranty.

Comment

I'd go to a pawn shop if I needed one but my skilsaw classic has been going strong for 20+ years.

Comment

skilsaw model 77 worm drive
            I have a cpl hundred of them

Comment

I have a porter cable that actually feels solid. I don’t do a ton of work with it, but I like it for what I need.

Comment

I have one I would consider selling if you are in the DFW area. I dont remember what brand it is right off the top of my head. Works great and not used a whole lot. I just bought the Rigid battery powered one to go with my drills. PM me if your in my area.

Comment

Makita makes a model with the blade on the left thats good for doing precision work - as precise as you can get with a skillsaw (if you are right handed) .
                  Most skillsaws have the blade on the right and are a bit awkward. You will be leaning over it sto see what you are cutting.
                  Worm drive saws usually have the blade on the left and are front heavy.

Makita left blade is my choice 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    I have one I would consider selling if you are in the DFW area. I dont remember what brand it is right off the top of my head. Works great and not used a whole lot. I just bought the Rigid battery powered one to go with my drills. PM me if your in my area.
                    I appreciate it but I'm down in Houston.

I like left sided blade better, so sounds like makita left hand is the way to go.

Comment

The plane $119 Makita can’t be beat unless you go worm drive, and worm drives are awkward to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spent under 100 on an actual SKIL saw and been super happy with it. Don’t use it every day for construction or anything like that though.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Skill saw from 06 is still going strong.

Comment

I’ve had a Skil saw for a long time now with no issues. If something ever happens to it, I will probably buy a Makita. They seem to be the most popular choice when I worked residential construction.

Comment

Hatachi with flat aluminum base

Comment

Working...
                              X