Eye Surgery Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye Surgery Tomorrow

I did some digging around and found old LASIK threads, looked into reviews of places and finally pulled the trigger. I go in the morning for eye surgery to get rid of these coke bottle glasses.

I chose Lasik Vision Institute in Fort Worth to do the surgery. I hope I’ll be more pleased with them after the surgery.

They have a crappy way of communicating the evaluation and checks that I’m not satisfied with. Not knowing the particulars of what exactly is happening makes me pretty anxious.
    I hope I’m one of those folks that will look back and say “Best decision I ever made, wish I would have done it sooner!”
    My vision is really bad with a -6.75 script and I’m doing this to benefit my career.

I’m being a nervous Nelly so send one up for me if ya will. ‘Ppreciate it.

[emoji3590]Stephanie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers sent. The folks I know who have had this done had great results

Comment

You got it Stephie!

Hope you come out with both eye balls completely fixed and still in your ol noggin!

Comment

I had mine done 15 years ago and it’s the best thing I ever did! Piece of cake...you will be in and out in no time!

I have just now had to start wearing readers but the vision is still great!

Comment

I had it done a month ago. Being an engineer, I should have told them they needed to walk me through the procedure before doing it, because I get freaked out when people poke and prod and I can see/feel it. The procedure was pretty unpleasant for me. They gave me a football to squeeze, and I had squeezed **** near all the air outta it by the time I was done.

But a month later, I love no glasses, no contacts, no dry eyes, no dust under contacts, no dirty hands putting them in while camping. I would definitely do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I had it done a month ago. Being an engineer, I should have told them they needed to walk me through the procedure before doing it, because I get freaked out when people poke and prod and I can see/feel it. The procedure was pretty unpleasant for me. They gave me a football to squeeze, and I had squeezed **** near all the air outta it by the time I was done.

But a month later, I love no glasses, no contacts, no dry eyes, no dust under contacts, no dirty hands putting them in while camping. I would definitely do it again.

Reading the paperwork says I can’t drink caffeine. I have to wear goggles to sleep in. And I can’t lift more than a gallon of milk for weeks... That dog don’t hunt. I have to go back to work next week.

And I’ll have to be there from 3-5 hours. Why is it gonna take so long?

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
              Reading the paperwork says I can’t drink caffeine. I have to wear goggles to sleep in. And I can’t lift more than a gallon of milk for weeks... That dog don’t hunt. I have to go back to work next week.

You only have to wear the glasses for 24 hrs. And the no lifting part is probably for safety reasons. Dont want to hold something and try walking and stumble with it. Mann-Eye Institute didnt tell me anything like that.

I went right back to work the next day after i had mine, just couldnt drive for 24-48 hours. Dry eyes lasted a couple weeks but they gave me antibiotic and moisturizer eye drops which worked. I was stupid nearsighted with a bad astigmatism. Vision was 20/400 in both eyes and now 20/15. Wear sun glasses at all times outside for the first few weeks. It will suck at first, but after a day or two it will clear up and not feel like sand in your eyes.

Comment

Do you know if this is Lasik or PRK? If Lasik you will have some discomfort night of surgery and will be fine next day. Tap the brakes and do some homework before committing to PRK. I have had both. PRK took a long time to recover and some missed days at work but the results were fine in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

It isn't a quick "in-and-out" procedure. They'll get you checked in, go over some paperwork and then begin with drops in your eyes, several rounds of them. Some are antibiotics and some are to deaden the eye. If I remember right, you'll get drops every 15 minutes for 2 hours or so. Before the procedure, I was given a valium to help calm my nerves. The nurse came to check on me later and asked if the valium had kicked in, I said "no" (trying to get an extra dose ) with the worst slurred speech I could muster. She laughed and said "you're ready".

Once you're on the table, from start to finish might take 10 minutes and a lot of that is positioning the machine to you then after each eye treatment putting drops in your eyes and asking you to blink while they look at your eye thru a microscope.

Mind you, I had mine done in 2000 and then they used a contraption to cut the flap on my cornea, from what I understand they use a laser now.

Oh, and the smell... when the laser begins to reshape your cornea, it smells like burning hair...

Good luck, you got this!

Comment

Good luck Nanny!

Comment

I had mine done in Plano about 6 years ago I think, best purchase ever. I slept in Oakleys the first night because I knew I'd take the goggles off in my sleep. Dryness lasted a couple weeks or so but that's it. As far as the procedure, they ran us through like cattle. It was cold to supposedly keep all of the equipment cool. The worst part for me was that they said to keep our eyes closed so they didn't dry out. Not seeing what is going on around me is very unnerving so I would look around periodically. Either way though, I'd bet within a week you believe it was all worth it.

Comment

LASIK was the best money I’ve ever spent on myself. My vision was as bad as yours. You got this. Also, Mann Eye didn’t tell me any lifting restrictions or anything. I had the surgery on Friday and was at work Monday.

Comment

The coolest part is when the machine extends down and puts pressure on your eye. The kaleidoscope effect made for a pretty neat light show.
                          And yes, you could smell the eye burning. But its painless and quick. Less than 10 minutes

Comment

Y’all- this thread is killing me! I wonder why they told you lifting restrictions? If it’s regular custom lasik, we don’t actually go into the eye so there isn’t any chance of pressures spiking so you can lift stuff the next day. Shout out to my Patients on here by the way, love y’all and very grateful. People think it’s the eye you smell burning. It’s actually the gas from the laser, so it’s not your eye actually burning. The gas just stinks. The normal restrictions are: no swimming for 10 days, no shower for 24 hours, no sweat in your eyes for 3 days, no eye makeup for 4 days, and no vigorous eye rubbing for one month.

Nanny- so happy for you! This is going to change your life, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                              Y’all- this thread is killing me! I wonder why they told you lifting restrictions? If it’s regular custom lasik, we don’t actually go into the eye so there isn’t any chance of pressures spiking so you can lift stuff the next day. Shout out to my Patients on here by the way, love y’all and very grateful. People think it’s the eye you smell burning. It’s actually the gas from the laser, so it’s not your eye actually burning. The gas just stinks. The normal restrictions are: no swimming for 10 days, no shower for 24 hours, no sweat in your eyes for 3 days, no eye makeup for 4 days, and no vigorous eye rubbing for one month.

Nanny- so happy for you! This is going to change your life, congratulations!
                              Finally! Mann Eye!! Been hearing alot about you! PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X