Getting real tired of waiting for my wife to come back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to whine about this stuff again, but dont really have anyone else to "talk" to.

As some know, my wife left me 1yr and 8 months ago. After a while we started "seeing" each other again occasionally. Things kinda went back to normal, she acts like she likes me again etc, been on dates etc. She acts like everything is fine and normal. She just has her place and does her own thing and I have mine. She seems completely content like this. Every couple of months I get very serious about it and make it very clear that I will not live like this forever. She just blows it off.

On top of this, she has been hanging around with some very trashy "friends" the last year or so. I have found out they smoke dope in front my son. They basically have an "open marriage". Not the kind of people I want my son around. I have confronted her about this and she acts like its no big deal but did say she would get them to stop smoking in front of my son. I dont know if that has happened since or not. I know she sees them multiple times a week.

So at this point it is clear she is headed down the wrong path, has made no attempt or indication that anything will change with us, blows me off when I bring it up.

As far as I know she hasnt cheated ( but not naive enough to believe she hasnt ). So Im stuck. My family says as long as she hasnt cheated I should wait. Even if I have to wait forever. But I feel like Im being used. Basically abused. Left here to wait while she does what she wants, and I am supposed to sit idly by till she changes her mind. While she KNOWS I will sit here and wait! Really?

Dont know what to do, but getting extremely frustrated with the situation. Maybe angry is the right word....

I really can't give you any good advice, BUT, if she is smoking dooe and hanging out with people in an open marriage, open marriage beibg the operative word.......then she may have .....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not married so don't listen to me... What I've learned though, regarding women, is to not make yourself TOO available. Sounds like she knows she can walk all over you and that you aren't going anywhere. Feel for you, bud. Moving on is tough and people change. Don't let it keep getting you down because you miss the OLD wife.

Maybe I'm overstepping since I don't know yall. Hope all turns around for you, man. One way or another.

Comment

Time to move on AND remove your son from that environment. Plain and simple. I am going through something similar but not as bad and get called everything in the book even though she mad her choices that caused it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No one can answer this for you.

Comment

Tough situation. Prayers for you Bud

Comment

She’s seeing you occasionally to keep you doing exactly what you’re doing. You are the backup plan. The deal with smoking in front of the kid is unacceptable. Period. He’s getting second hand smoke if he’s in the same room. I would be livid. It’s not easy I know. And as hard as it is to face, given everything else she’s done, she’s not faithful. Prayers. Wouldn’t wish that crap on anyone. You’ve been more patient than 99.5% of people, myself included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Graysonhogs; 11-21-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Get actual proof that she is putting your son in those kind of situations. Then file for divorce get a great lawyer and get custody of your son. It isn't healthy for you to keep living like that while she does her own thing, it seems like you have made the effort and she isn't willing to.

Comment

I do not know how old your son is but you need to remove him from this environment asap! It the only way is to divorce and take custody, well so be it.

Comment

Cut bait.

Comment

I realize you are just venting but only you know what to do. When you’ve had enough...you’ve had enough.
                      Good luck...I’m sure it’s tough and I can sure sympathize with you.

Comment

This is a very touchy topic. Anything that is provided here is just opinion. With that being said, if you feel as if you have exhausted all efforts to make it work and it hasn't in almost 2 years, I think you know what you should do. Definitely get your son out of the current situation, that should be priority numero uno. As far as the final decision about the relationship, that is your call and yours only.

Good luck and GOD BLESS!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                          I really can't give you any good advice, BUT, if she is smoking dooe and hanging out with people in an open marriage, open marriage beibg the operative word.......then she may have .....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Yall are probably right, I just have no proof. She says the wife told her that he asked permission to "be with" her and his wife said "no" because they are friends. Thats good to hear Classy folks. ( she says she wouldnt... )

Dang, Im getting more irritated as I type this...

Comment

I hope for the best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                              Time to move on AND remove your son from that environment. Plain and simple. I am going through something similar but not as bad and get called everything in the book even though she mad her choices that caused it all.

Agree with this. Time to look towards the future. You’ll never be able to move on this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X