No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We fought 25 mile an hour north winds but loaded the boat with fat girls.
    All,of them came from 20ā€™ of water on fallen timber.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	95B904F6-84A3-4F26-B698-F6FD4671F6A8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	24574818

Name:	673AADE0-DEE1-465A-AB2F-C7B4DB90C658.jpeg
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	24574819

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
      We ended up with 30 from Williams Creek..Took 5 of us to get em between 3 docks. But most fish were caught between 1- 4 pm in 2 - 6 ft ftw. Water temp was 57.4
      Only 2 fish this morning, today was slow for us. The wind won, my dock had straight line winds for 2 days. It gets old, unless fish are biting.

No unders caught but a few thrown back. Pictures dont do justice. The small ones are 12". We landed several 2s and most had eggs

They hit every color and some minnows. No magic bait, but dark blues seemed favorable.

Next week should be great.

Sean
      Good report thanks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Conroe and caught 8 does that count.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not surprising, we got skunked. My wife did catch one yellow bass on a minnow, but that was all. We fished the far west end of Fork near Hwy 19 around noon, then moved to Coffee Creek this afternoon late. We did talk to another fisherman who said it was slow today, he had about 5 crappie, a catfish and a bass.

Comment

Smoked them again this morning on LOP
            Red and white hand tied jigs in 20, of water

Name:	F3073022-0718-40EC-8770-425B1F72BE5C.jpeg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	24574865

Name:	15A20C4D-D4D2-472C-A33F-D03664D1D1D1.jpeg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	24574866

Name:	DF5EEAB2-9F72-4F3F-9200-EF8491348142.jpeg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24574867

Comment

1/2 pound lighter than yesterday stringer but can't complain about 7 fish going over 16 pounds!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty cool to be able to consistently stay on those fish. You have mad skills!

Comment

2.93 is a dang good crappie also

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

2X! And 2nd ain't to bad either!

Looks like someone pulled a 3lber out in the other division.

Comment

Saw where Garmin is releasing some new graphs and a 20 degree Livescope transducer for them. No black box needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

It was 2.67 when i caught it and 2.64 when we weighted if for weight in and was 2.93 on a certified scale! My 3.19 on my scale yesterday was probably a 3.50!! Dang!![emoji33]

Expensive weekend for me!!! It's gonna look like the space shuttle control room on the front deck before long!![emoji23]

Comment

I have a new place on Possum Kingdom, with a pier that is only about 6 ft deep at end. I’d like to try to put some structure out to attract crappie. Is that to shallow to work? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                            I have a new place on Possum Kingdom, with a pier that is only about 6 ft deep at end. Iā€™d like to try to put some structure out to attract crappie. Is that to shallow to work? Thanks

Only one way to find out!! If you can get them in the shade under the docks they will work even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              It was 2.67 when i caught it and 2.64 when we weighted if for weight in and was 2.93 on a certified scale! My 3.19 on my scale yesterday was probably a 3.50!! Dang!![emoji33]

Expensive weekend for me!!! It's gonna look like the space shuttle control room on the front deck before long!![emoji23]

My only regret is that I didn,t man up and buy a 12ā€ screen instead of the 10ā€

Comment

Caught 150 in two nights with 3 guys on the boat. Granger. Biggest was only 1.4 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X