Electric hunting vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric hunting vehicles

Anybody have experience with this type vehicle, BADBOY, TEXTRON etc.

I have a BadBoy. I use it for messing around my property. Only thing I don't like is it's electric, battery maintenance and charging it are a pain. It is quiet though which is the only advantage IMO over my Ranger. I got a smoking deal on it so that's the only reason I bought it. The only way I would buy another one is if it is cheap cheap cheap or you prefer to make less noise.

Comment

I got a good really deal a few years ago on a used Bad Boy. We use it for quietly going back and forth to stands, pulling cards and filling feeders. You really have to be diligent about battery maintenance - charging, water levels and cleaning when they get corroded. If you don't, you will hate the thing - replacing them is costly. I have never gotten it stuck and it will climb a wall. Biggest negatives IMO are first, you cant tow much with it. Second, I think an 18 wheeler has a tighter turning radius. That can get frustrating trying to turn around in tight place. Fortunately we also have an old CJ5 we use when the Buggy is not up to the task. Honestly, if I was going to have just one lease vehicle I would go with a gas Ranger or Mule. For just quietly cruising around the Bad Boy serves it's purpose.

Comment

I have a BadBoy as well. Got it FREE from a buddy of mine this year.

$1600 on new batteries and $1200 on a new controller and fwd/rev solenoid

so $2800 for basically a new 4wd sxs that's quiet.

We will see how it does this season. We don't do too much cruising on our place, so it ought to get the job done. If not, it should be pretty easy to recoup my investment on it. They're selling online for 4500-5500 pretty regularly.

Comment

honestly...if I could get my hands on a Hybrid UTV, I think that'd be the best of both worlds. Gas when you need power, electric when you need stealth, plus the gas engine charges the batteries as you drive (or should, in theory).

Comment

I have a BBB as well as an EZ Go Beast. I like both of them but the Beast is still my favorite, except....two wheel drive. I keep it at my other place. I know by now where I can go and where I must not. The Bad Boy stays at home and is my card pulling, going to hunt vehicle where I live. Battery maintenance really isn't such a pain, it just has to be looked after, kinda like checking your oil, water, and rotating the tires on your truck. Keep the water level where it should be,(get you a bulb and tube at the parts store), watch for corrosion, and above all, "train" your batteries when they are new to get the most out of them. The turning radius is the biggest PITA with the BBB.

Comment

Have you thought about an electric Ranger?

Comment

Have a lifted 36 volt golf cart and use it for everything. Guys on my east Texas lease laughed at it but 3 years in a row wife has killed biggest buck each year. The ATV army invasion during hunting season shuts the deer down where we hunt. Lease members are catching on and even one has bought a electric golf cart for this year...��

Comment

We test drove a electric ranger. Suckar squeaked, and made all sorts of noise.

Comment

We have an electric Ranger EV at work. I was a skeptical at first but I’ve been very impressed. It can go 15 miles over rough terrain and still have 15-20% charge.

Super quiet. That’s what attracts me to it for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                    X