Parking spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking spot

Concrete driveway extension or just fill it with gravel? I can’t get my truck in the garage at my new house so it’s gonna go here. Currently construction leftover fill dirt that is super soft. I need to do something ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete. Buy once, cry once. You can even wash your truck from time to time.

Comment

^agree

Comment

Agree - concrete.

If you go the gravel route, you will have to manage weeds. I hate having "one more thing" to take care of. Pour the concrete, enjoy it.

Comment

Asphalt

Comment

Extend the concrete out

Comment

Concrete, for sure, @ about $4.00 for flat work right now

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                Yepppp
                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I have calls in to 6 referrals now and still no call backs for a quote. That is the only reason I mentioned the gravel since I can DIY that.

Comment

I've never seen rock that didn't sink over time, and I would be worried about that retaining wall, which is gorgeous by the way. Concrete, and thicker than you think you need IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      I've never seen rock that didn't sink over time, and I would be worried about that retaining wall, which is gorgeous by the way. Concrete, and thicker than you think you need IMHO.
                      Yeah, the verdict is still out on what my responsibility is with the retaining wall and drain. My property line runs on the other side of the drain but that is utility/drainage easement and should have been built by the developer.

Comment

I'd prefer concrete but you will be taxed on a concrete driveway whereas a lime stone driveway your not. I have both and a once the limestone gets a few showers on it it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                          I have calls in to 6 referrals now and still no call backs for a quote. That is the only reason I mentioned the gravel since I can DIY that.
                          You are going to DIY digging that out 6", hauling that off, rolling/levelling it out, putting in some sort of weed barrier, importing base, and compacting it in place?

If you just chuck some base or pea gravel on top, then you will be doing it periodically forever. Or, at least that is the case for most of Texas. I have never done work in that area and don't know the soils. Judging by that oak tree, there is several feet of soft dirt under that

If you can DIY all that, you should just excavate and haul off 5" or so, buy a few bags of lime and mix it in with the whatever you used to dig, form it up on two sides, put black asphalt expansion joint on the wall side, drill some dowels into the end of your driveway, put in #3 rebar at 18" OC, then go find a couple of high school kids to help you place and finish the concrete.

Or, go find a new subdivision where there are guys pouring slabs/driveways/sidewalks and go talk to the foreman of the finishing crew and tell him you have a little thing to place and finish for his guys on the side and you will pay them cash to come out one afternoon and do it.

You can get on youtube and learn enough to place and finish concrete for a driveway if you aren't worried about how pretty it is.

On something that small, there isn't going to be a huge difference in price between road base and concrete if the road base is installed correctly.
                          Last edited by El General; 06-03-2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                            Yep.....
                            And crown it, towards the drainage ........................

Comment

You can DIY the concrete also. It’s just mud

Comment

Working...
                              X