Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS# theft

OK here goes:

I received a letter from a company in Carrolton named Southwest Credit (debt collectors) addressed to my wife stating that she owed almost $1000 to Time Warner Cable/Spectrum in Dallas. I called Southwest Credit and the lady I spoke to could not speak English I could understand (I am being polite here) so I called Spectrum and actually got a lady that could speak normal English. She did not offer much info, but I did get an address off the billing from Southwest and evidently it is a scum ridden apartment complex in Dallas. I have an address and Apt # for where the bills were sent, but no name. The lady at Southwest had to SPELL everything I ask here about and I could still barely understand what she said.

I know I am going deaf and did not have my hearing aids in, but dangit, if you are going to run a company that deals everyday with this crap, get some folks that can speak English! When this gets done if it ever does, I am going to write them a letter an RANT!

I am completing ID theft paperwork for the wife to fax to Spectrum and also reported or put a freeze on any credit reports under her name with all 3 Credit reporting companies. Also filling out paperwork for the Federal Trade Commission. Anything else I need to do beside look at all bills and CC billings that come in? I do this anyway but have not seen anything suspicious.

If anyone wants the address for a visit to that apartment, I will PM it to you. Not sure I would go unless heavily armed or with backup that is heavily armed. I googled the address and nothing about these apartments or whatever is rated above 1 star. One report said it was run by thugs and was a haven to gang bangers and drug folks!

my opinion, get her credit reports and look for anything else. You can get 1 free a year from all 3 major reports. I had my x-wife screw me like that in the past.

Comment

After further investigations and such on the net, come to find out, it may be this Southwest Credit that is trying to do this!

Anyway, all 3 Credit reporting sights have been notified and either a temporary freeze or alerts have been added and the Federal Trade Commission has been sent all the info on the address of the supposedly people that have the number and the debt Collector info with some of the numbers that I used already out of commission. I am filling out paper work for Spectrum that will be faxed to them tomorrow.

Honestly, in my opinion, someone needs to die as mad as I am right now. Probably at Southwest Credit in Carrolton or wherever they are at. The 2 people I talked to are what I refer to as SAND *******! Sorry if this upsets someone! Rant over!

Comment

What does time warner have to say?? Never been through any of this but would have been my first call...do you think there has been legit ID theft or just a scam in progress??

Sorry, little confused.

Comment

I personally think this is a scam trying to happen from Southwest Credit. Like I said, the only people that I could talk to were SAND ******* and none could speak very good English. Time Warner/Spectrum could not really tell me anything. I believe I am covered with filing on the 3 credit reporting websites and with the FTC. Also filling with an ID Theft report with Spectrum tomorrow.

The first thing that I received was from Southwest Credit and was this letter stating they were a collection agency and needed $1000 from my wife. Called them and could not understand what this lady said. Got some info then called Spectrum and they had no idea what I was talking about and could not find anything about the address and I did not have a name. Called Southwest Credit again and I could understand some of what was said. Spectrum did say to file an ID Theft Report with them online and it gave me the info of all 3 credit agencies and the FTC website to file. All this will be done tomorrow for sure.

Comment

Call Time Warner first......or maybe let the wife handle it.

Comment

Just freeze your credit (Not temp freeze, put it on permanent freeze), and settle up/cancel with Time Warner. Problem solved. Don't call the collection agency.

I had my info stolen a few years back. All I did was report it, freeze all 3 credit agencies, cancel the open account, and moved on. Didn't ever talk to the debt collectors, and it resolved itself.

Comment

Freezes with everything as far as credit. Problem is, this comes out of Dallas, I have never lived in Dallas, never had anything to do as far as an account with Spectrum/Time Warner. Also filed a ID theft with the Federal Trade Commission per what Spectrum Time Warner suggested on their website.

Right now I really think it is the collection agency that is trying to run the scam. but I reported them to the FTC also.

Comment

Working...
                X