No announcement yet.

Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is one of the best ever female gymnast. Every competitor comes to a point of diminishing returns. Her's might be right now. Weither it is mental or physical it happens.

I was told a long long time ago by a wise old coach. The mental is to physical as 3 is to 1.

I was also told. It's a choice to have a bad mental day. Its not a choice to have a bad physical day.

True great ones should never quit unless physically unable to perform.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post

I was also told. It's a choice to have a bad mental day. Its not a choice to have a bad physical day.
      And what they told you is a bunch of bullsh#t, ever hear of chemical imbalance, its called mental illness for a reason its not a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
        Just a different perspective from my wife who was a 6A all-state gymnast…when Simone came off that vault you could see it in her face that she was lost in the air, couldn’t find her landing and could have seriously injured herself. Gymnastics can be a much more mental sport than many may think, especially when you can literally paralyze or kill yourself if you freak out in the middle of a skill. Would it be better for her to continue knowing she wasn’t in a good place to compete and score well or step back and give her teammates the best chance to win? It’s not like she went back to the locker room and pouted, she was on the sideline cheering on her teammates and supporting them. It may have taken more courage to withdraw from the event she has been training for full time literally her entire life than try to “power through” and injure herself and tank the team score. I guarantee most of y’all would be posting how selfish and mentally weak she was if she had continued with her routines and scored poorly costing her team a medal.
        Watched an olympian contending for metal in skeet shooting who has competed in the olympics for the past 28 years fall apart coming down the home stretch the other day...the mental aspect shouldn't be overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Watched an olympian contending for metal in skeet shooting who has competed in the olympics for the past 28 years fall apart coming down the home stretch the other day...the mental aspect shouldn't be overlooked.
          I still think there is a difference, mentally falling apart and failing, ok. The quitting is what really gets me.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            And what they told you is a bunch of bullsh#t, ever hear of chemical imbalance, its called mental illness for a reason its not a choice.
            Sorry it wasn't! It was great advice.

Comment

The quitting is the pivot point & reason for the conversation...the question is why.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                The quitting is the pivot point & reason for the conversation...the question is why.

She explained it if you watched her interview, she wanted to give her team the best chance to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She explained it if you watched her interview, she wanted to give her team the best chance to win.

She was that person, the poor girl that filled in for her scored an 11, and that was the nail in coffin for gold.

Comment

The teams best chance to win was for her to go out there and get it done. Instead of fighting through the pressure she just up and quit and put someone else in the hot seat. I think it was a business decision. I’ve failed at a lot of things, but I’ve never quit.

Comment

Mental illness may not be a choice, but you still have choices over yourself and your life.

Comment

Emotional weakness is not the same thing as a mental illness due to a chemical imbalance. And while you might not have choice about how you feel, you do have a choice about how you behave.

Life is tough, but you’ve still got to run the race.

Comment

Anybody else see the Women’s volleyball team from Turkey beat the crap out of China, it was awesome!!!! China has dominated for a long time but got thrashed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            Typical tbh. A bunch of fat old farts criticizing somebody for something they don't understand.
                            Or to put it another way…

A bunch of wizened old people who have weathered life’s challenges with character and good cheer; who, through sheer and dogged determination, have consistently triumphed over adversity (or when they didn’t, never blamed others for the misfortune); who never hesitate to put the needs of others before their own; and who hold others to the same high standards to which they hold themselves every single day.

Fat old farts who don’t understand? No. Simply everyday heroes whose unitards “shrunk in the wash.”

Comment

I feel bad for her but hate the message it sends to those who look up to her. This country wasn’t built by people who checked it in when things got rough, may fall because of them though. Resiliency is grossly undervalued today.

Comment

I sure hope some of y'all never fall off of those tall horse's.

Comment

Working...
                                X