No announcement yet.

Arlington Firefighter killed in Cancun at resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since they started dumping mutilated bodies on the road and hanging them from bridges I decided we won’t be going back any time soon. I have really enjoyed the 3 trips we made down there but it’s not worth the risk

Comment

Fly was that in Portland or Chicago this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
        I went to Cancun this spring and it was awesome and I felt more safe there than lots of other places. Also Troy Aikman and the senior class from Dallas Episcopal was there at the same resort. If Cancun was such a rough place do you think that crowd would go there??

My guess is the most likely scenario is this guy was into something shady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        wow. It could certainly end up that way but the 'most likely scenario' seems pretty far fetched.

Prayers for the family and loved ones.

Comment

We got at least once a year to cancun not to mention Michoacán and Guadalajara we love going there never feel unsafe other than the market area but that’s because of pick pocketers other than that not never had had any confrontations or anytime we have felt the need to leave a certain area because of shady stuff, unfortunate things happen every where it’s just a matter of who it happens too and what the media will publicize it as

Comment

Just got word that they were at the Royalton Chic

Comment

We went a month ago, took my 5 year old. It was our first time in Cancun, never felt unsafe at all. We went and walked around the hotel zone, no issues at all. My question is why did his wife let him stay at the bar by himself on their first night on their 10th anniversary? My wife would have hung my *** if I tried to pull that.

Comment

Arlington Firefighter killed in Cancun at resort

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                wow. It could certainly end up that way but the 'most likely scenario' seems pretty far fetched.

Prayers for the family and loved ones.

You’re right. I have no idea what happens and shouldn’t have speculated.

Comment

I know two people with private homes near Mexican resort towns. They are seeing some changes.

Comment

Good friend of mine (Forney Fireman) just got back from Cancun. Said it was the worst crap hole he’d been to in a long time. Never going back. He was there two weeks ago. Hated it obviously but this is all prior to hearing this.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      We went a month ago, took my 5 year old. It was our first time in Cancun, never felt unsafe at all. We went and walked around the hotel zone, no issues at all. My question is why did his wife let him stay at the bar by himself on their first night on their 10th anniversary? My wife would have hung my *** if I tried to pull that.
                      I agree with you. Something seems fishy with this story and I would be investigating her first.

I was at Playa Mujeras a couple of weeks ago and never felt unsafe. Yes, the city of Cancun is shady but no worse than some parts of Dallas.

Comment

The one trip I’ve made to Mexico was just meh at best.

The worst city in America is better than some of the crap hole places we drove through getting to our resort.

And at least I America if something did happen to you you’re much better off than being in some 3rd world country with corrupt government and military.

Hate to hear about the firefighter. Prayers for his family.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Especially since she would have had to take care of the 5 yr old....

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Especially since she would have had to take care of the 5 yr old....
                            My 10 year anniversary was last year and the then 4 year old was with the grandparents.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              I don’t understand why Americans keep going to places like that. There are so many places here to see, I just don’t get it.
                              I’m with you. I don’t get it, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                                Good friend of mine (Forney Fireman) just got back from Cancun. Said it was the worst crap hole he’d been to in a long time. Never going back. He was there two weeks ago. Hated it obviously but this is all prior to hearing this.
                                It is a craphole, went once and I figured there is no need to ever go back.
                                Some people are into that type of thing.
                                Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X