No announcement yet.

Feeder too strong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tin snips, a few old pieces of sheet metal siding, a drill to make a few holes in the tin, and zip ties. You might need to think a bit, but that should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by drs View Post
      Use a 6 volt battery on it if it's a 12 volt motor
      Geez. Plenty of other options out there

Comment

As mentioned, a skirt of some fashion. Wire, metal or inner tube material are some thoughts. And zip ties, zip ties are good. Aim Small!

Comment

put a 1 gallon paint can lid on it instead of a spinner plate with edges. The corn will fly off but not with nearly the velocity and stay well within your pen

Comment

Foreverlast makes a motor speed controller for their woods and water feeder. You probably could contact them and buy one from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
              Foreverlast makes a motor speed controller for their woods and water feeder. You probably could contact them and buy one from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^^^^. If you have “THE TIMER”. It will plug right in to your set up. You didn’t mention what you have though. If not The Timer, then I’d recommend replacing it with the All Seasons one that has a variable speed.

Comment

I second the varmit cage idea.

Comment

How big is your feed pen? I would look at making the feed pen bigger if that's an option as well. If corn is being slung outside any of my pens, that's an indication that I built the feed pen too small (Assuming your feeder is positioned in the center of the pen).

Comment

Feeder too strong? That’s like saying her boobs are too big.

Comment

12 volt has a high speed and low speed motors

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                        How big is your feed pen? I would look at making the feed pen bigger if that's an option as well. If corn is being slung outside any of my pens, that's an indication that I built the feed pen too small (Assuming your feeder is positioned in the center of the pen).

Agreed.....except he did say he can't enlarge the pen in his OP

Comment

Originally posted by alack392 View Post
                          My spinner is too strong, it’s slinging corn outside of my feeder pen and I can’t enlarge the pen any farther. Has anyone ever tried wiring some type of resistor between the battery and motor to decrease broadcast? Is this something that would work?
                          Deer don't like to be in small pens(or pens at all) but.......I'd modify the plate, kinda like the paint can lid idea. probably could use 2-3 tiny little bolts and bolt a clean small paint can lid right on the orignal spinner after you grind or cut the wings off.
                          Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 07-19-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Just put an old coffee can open on both sides over the motor/spinner.
                            The noise will also draw them from longer distances.

Comment

Working...
                            X