Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    OP, I agree with this statement as well: "But I do know scripture is pretty clear that not everyone will go to heaven."

But no one will be condemned to hell forever. The Holy Ghost will always be with them until they accept Jesus as Savior. Some will take longer than others.

OP, as a father, is there anything that your child can do that you would condemn them to hell, that burning lake of fire, for all eternity?
    If it's true that nobody will be condemned to Hell forever then why would anyone be there for more than 1 second? I would think 1 second in that place would be enough for someone to realize just how wrong they were. I respect your opinion, just don't believe it to be true.

Comment

Listen to John MacArthur on the 1 Peter 3:18-20 text it is very interesting and he uses scripture to interpret his opinion and admits its very hard to be dogmatic in a certain view of this. When he mentions that Jesus went and made that proclamation to the spirits i think Jesus talked with these disciples many times during the 40 days after the resurrection and who knows what their conversations consisted of. This might of been Jesus talking to Peter about some things that happened in the spirit realm but it doesn't deal directly with our salvation so he doesn't expound on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        That is a very interesting take on it. One thing I do know is that nothing is too hard for God and we can't even begin to understand Him. His ways are not our ways.
        This right here. The do not believe the lord is to be judging with a check list, checking off every time something is done, or not done. I believe that we here on earth can’t understand or comprehend what will partake on judgment day. I also believe we have a loving, caring gracious father and there will be many people join in his kingdom. This isn’t to downplay sin, or to even downplay hell, both of those are all too real. I just believe it won’t be about rules, but more about where your heart is. The more I read about his son Jesus, the more I believe this to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
          So how about satan and the fallen angels? Will they be redeemed eventually?
          yes

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
            Listen to John MacArthur on the 1 Peter 3:18-20 text it is very interesting and he uses scripture to interpret his opinion and admits its very hard to be dogmatic in a certain view of this. When he mentions that Jesus went and made that proclamation to the spirits i think Jesus talked with these disciples many times during the 40 days after the resurrection and who knows what their conversations consisted of. This might of been Jesus talking to Peter about some things that happened in the spirit realm but it doesn't deal directly with our salvation so he doesn't expound on it.
            He has an interesting take on it but I don't think it takes into account 1 Peter 4:6

Comment

The Bible tell us exactly what we need to know about God as far as He desires us to know.

All have sinned and fallen short...John 3:17 tells us we are all born doomed unto Hell because of sin.

All need the saving Grace that is Jesus.

Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost...everyone is lost as some point.

Romans 1 theology addresses the "man on an island" issue...no one is without excuse.

The Word tell us that our freewill comes with consequences, if a person has not trusted in the the Lord Jesus for salvation (saving) they will spend an eternity separated from God. (that is what death is...separation from God)

There is no purgatory or penance that will elevate you after death according to the Bible.

Great thread and I enjoy reading everyone's take..

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                Brother, I no desire to argue with you on this matter. You’re applying your morality to God. I would encourage to study your position a little more carefully. Universalism in various forms has been around since ~300ad. It’s been refuted by Scripture every time. The fact is, you can’t make your argument using Scripture alone without applying some crazy hermeneutics.

As far as Rob Bell goes, I’d encourage you to read Tim Challies review of Love Wins. https://www.challies.com/book-review...ells-new-book/ Tim does a better job reviewing the book than I can.

Rob Bell, has been walking heretical lines since his “Pneuma” video days back in the early 2000’s.
                I read the review from Tim Challies, the pastor of a church in Canada, and got pretty much what I expected. Fairly accurate on somethings, misstatements on some things and cherry picked a lot of what Bell wrote, out of context.
                How do you address Bible quotes that say, "All knees will bend", "all people", "all nations", "all faces".
                Anyway, my offer to send anyone a book to read for themselves still stands. Just PM me your address.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  yes
                  So satan was in heaven with God. God kicked him out but he's going to change his mind and let him back in? Revelation 20:10 is pretty clear in regards to what happens to satan and his minions. Revelation 20:15 is pretty clear when it comes to people who don't believe in God and aren't on the Book of Life.

Comment

I don't know the answers to many of these questions about who will or will not go to heaven, but have absolute comfort in the knowledge that God is in control, and that I will understand all the mysteries of this life one day. And I anticipate we will all have a good laugh at ourselves when we look back at how shallow our thoughts were all along.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                      Do you have any scripture you can reference for this belief?

If it was true, there would have already been multiple believers quoting various verses to support said claims...the only scripture referenced will be the counter. We have a pretty strong crew who study the Word.

I've heard a lot of crazy claims over the years.

Had Catholics tell me all protestants are going to hell...had protestants tell me Catholics are going to hell. Had Church of Christ tell me all outside their church are going to hell. There are more & all involve someone going to hell.

The whole world getting the kitchen pass, including those in hell & that includes lucifer himself...this is a new one. Someone needs to tell the taliban to go get lottery tickets & let them know we see each other on better terms. I assume allah will join us & bring his date hitler.

Comment

Originally posted by StanS806 View Post
                        I don't know the answers to many of these questions about who will or will not go to heaven, but have absolute comfort in the knowledge that God is in control, and that I will understand all the mysteries of this life one day. And I anticipate we will all have a good laugh at ourselves when we look back at how shallow our thoughts were all along.
                        I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Had Catholics tell me all protestants are going to hell...had protestants tell me Catholics are going to hell. Had Church of Christ tell me all outside their church are going to hell.
                          I am a member of the Church of Christ and would like to apologize for others telling you everyone will go to Hell besides our brethren. That decision is not for any person to make, only God. Now do I believe there are things that will worsen or better your chances of getting to heaven? For sure! But the ultimate decision is not ours to make thankfully. I have no problem telling someone that based on my understanding of scripture their actions aren't leading them down the narrow path, but I can't tell anyone that they will go to Hell.

Comment

No worries brother...my uncle is the lead pastor at a growing & prosperous CoC & does a ton of good charity work here in the valley & abroad. Good people & my uncle also gets frustrated with certain aspects including what was quoted.

Religion is the worst thing to ever happen to the body of Christ causing divide...in total agreement with you & leave the judgement of salvation to the Lord. Also try to stay out of the whole works / faith debate as it tends to get picked apart & goes off the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              No worries brother...my uncle is the lead pastor at a growing & prosperous CoC & does a ton of good charity work here in the valley & abroad. Good people & my uncle also gets frustrated with certain aspects including what was quoted.

Religion is the worst thing to ever happen to the body of Christ causing divide...in total agreement with you & leave the judgement of salvation to the Lord. Also try to stay out of the whole works / faith debate as it tends to get picked apart & goes off the rails.

Comment

It is really fairly easy to know who will be going to heaven...

Jesus said by their fruit they shall be known.

an apple tree puts for apples...not bananas

Comment

Working...
                                X