No announcement yet.

Flagging FB posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember recently where a school girl was suspended and removed from a girls tryout team. “Can’t remember which sport”
    But the point was she was so upset that she didn’t make the team so she once she was outside of school hours and school grounds she posted on Twitter or some online platform saying “f*k this school, and something else”

The school suspended her for that post online.

She then took the battle to Supreme Court and won. Saying she had every right to express her anger online for not making on the team. And that she was not on school ground, or during school times.

Long story short, seems like the schools can think they control the students life after school hours and when they are outside of campus.

Comment

I preached their hours, their rules every time this came up but when you have the current admin working with private social media outlets deeming what should be flagged or not it's not their house, their rules.

Critics roundly condemned the White House after Press Secretary Jen Psaki revealed the Biden administration is working with Facebook to flag "problematic" posts that "spread disinformation" on COVID-19.

Comment

While I don't agree with it at all, Facebook is not a government entity and can run their site as they wish. I do think it negates their claim to not being held accountable for what is posted as they can't have oversight to what people put on their site though. Them actively proofing and flagging/removing people's posts proves they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
          I have a separate small FB political page that I post to occasionally. I haven't posted to it in several months and was surprised when I got notice the page got suspended for 30 days because of a meme I posted.......OVER 2 YEARS AGO!!!

They really had to look hard for something to suspend me over!!!

It said: "Pork Fact #76 - People who eat bacon are less likely to blow themselves up."
          I’m not on FB and haven’t been since about 2012 but I’m curious to know if they put people who commented or “thumbs up” your post from two years ago are flagged in the system. Id bet so.
          Also we have all heard of cat facts and now pork facts. When can we start Karen facts?

Comment

Well, they just proved Trumps lawsuit, gave it merit. They are too stupid to realize it. lol

when they are in cohoots with the government to censor posts, they are trampling on the first amendment rights.

Levin noted that Jen Psaki made the case for Trump's lawsuit against Big Tech when she urged Silicon Valley to suppress anti-vaccine ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              I was permanently banned for posting a photo of a car’s window sticker. It was a picture of a car running over protesting stick figures and said that “All lives splatter “.
              And that sir.
              Is why, we're good friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                While I don't agree with it at all, Facebook is not a government entity and can run their site as they wish. I do think it negates their claim to not being held accountable for what is posted as they can't have oversight to what people put on their site though. Them actively proofing and flagging/removing people's posts proves they do.
                You are missing the point. Read below. This guy gets it too!!!

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                when they are in cohoots with the government to censor posts, they are trampling on the first amendment rights.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...uit-big-tech/#

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  I preached their hours, their rules every time this came up but when you have the current admin working with private social media outlets deeming what should be flagged or not it's not their house, their rules.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critic...misinformation
                  X2

This is a very slippery slope. So right now, it's flagging "misinformation" about the COVID vaccine. Ok, so what if that migrated to "misinformation" about the current administration or anything else they don't like? Not to mention, it's the Whitehouse that is deciding what is considered "misinformation."

It seems the Cuban government decided to shut down the internet in their Country. Seems we are starting down a similar path.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    You are missing the point. Read below. This guy gets it too!!!
                    I am not missing the point, I get it. However, if a non government entity decides to follow the direction(s) given from the govt. that is their decision. Note, I am with you that I do not agree with it and find it absurd. However, there is a statute that prevents these platforms from being held liable for what is posted because they claim they are public forums and they cannot control what is posted or not. These actions prove that they can indeed control what is and is not posted, therefore, they should no longer fall under said statute and can then be sued/held accountable. In order for First Amendment, it must be from a Govt. entity. This is not a violation of rights, however it should/does open them up to lawsuits IMO. Obviously the legal system is a whole lot of gray, and isn't clean and clear, but this is how I see it. They should not be able to receive protection by claiming they don't have the ability to police, and then police only certain people/types of posts. Cake and eating it too...

Comment

I will add that the government telling Facebook et al. to police the posts should be a First Amendment violation, and they should be held accountable for the rights violations, not Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        Just watched a clip on the news. The way I see it, when the current administration is working with FB to censor posts of “misinformation “ on Covid, then the line has been crossed on your 1st amendment rights.
                        First, it will be about Covid. Next thing you know, it will be something else the administration doesn’t agree with. I don’t do FB, but this needs to be nipped in the bud.
                        Originally posted by SmTx View Post

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critic...misinformation
                        Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                        I will add that the government telling Facebook et al. to police the posts should be a First Amendment violation, and they should be held accountable for the rights violations, not Facebook.

I have to agree with this... They have indeed stepped over the line...
                        So anybody got any idea what's gonna be done about it???

If I was a bettin' man, I'd bet NUTHIN... Hope somethin' but I seriously doubt it... I don't do any of the social media things other than this GS... Drama is bad enough here. I for dang sure don't need to get any deeper into it by joinin' up with FB, Twatter, Instagram, The googler, or whatever else...

Comment

Working...
                        X