Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have this problem with a Tacticam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have this problem with a Tacticam?

I put out another tacticam this morning - turned it on and it tested fine. I drove home and did some things around the house and just decided to check the app for pictures. The dang thing has taken 175 pictures since 9:00 and there ain’t a critter in any of them. Not a bird, mouse or squirrel. I’ve not heard runaway camera syndrome is a problem with these. Have you? I’ve heard that heat can cause it but it’s in a shaded box facing north and it barely got to 90 out there today. I tested it at home for a week and it worked perfectly
    Last edited by jerp; 07-10-2021, 06:32 PM.

Did you mess with the sensitivity setting?

I have two (one hasn’t been deployed yet) and my father has one. Both of the cameras he and I have out came set on 7/9 with regards to the trigger sensitivity.

Neither of use changed that setting and I don’t see a need to, as the one I have out currently will still trigger out to 25-ish yards, but if would also trigger due to higher foliage growth being blown around by wind where I originally had it set up to scout a newer area.

Not saying it’s your issue but make sure you don’t have the sensitivity set on 9 and also make sure there isn’t a lot of tall growth the cams sensor can pick up.

Comment

Thanks. Looks like the sensitivity was set at 7. I reduced it to 4 and will see if that helps

Comment

I don’t have a whole lot to add other than what Twist said. I have 4 out and have only had a sensitivity issue on 1. I turned it down remotely from the app, and it fixed the problem. It does take up to 24 hours for the changes to take place (be patient), but if that doesn’t fix your problem and there is no brush in front of it causing a false trigger, you might have a defective camera. If that’s the case, give them a call or shoot them a message and they should get you fixed up. I have been very pleased wirh mine over the past 9 months. Good luck.

Comment

I ve got a spider that built a web in front of it. He is getting lots of camera time.

Comment

Working...
          X