Seems things are mixed up these days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems things are mixed up these days.

I don't have tiktok but my buddies do and occasionally they'll send me funny videos and things. One buddy sent me a video of cops shooting a man. You see him get shot and fall dead in plain sight. Later another buddy sends me a video and I was busy so it was about an hour before I got around to watching it. The video had been taken down. Asked him what it was and he said a hot girl in a bikini singing some song. Ok.....I click on the other link and saw a man get shot dead.

Uhhh.......what's worse? I don't get it. It's a platform anyone can get on. Kids can watch a person lose their life but seeing a fake set of hooters bouncing around in a bikini will ruin their life?
    Last edited by okrattler; 06-24-2021, 09:31 PM.

....I feel like I was off topic.

But yes I agree with you...the narrative of cops shooting someone paints the cops in abad light, so that is allowed to stay.

A pair of knockers though... them puppies are evil.
    Last edited by ctom87; 06-24-2021, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      There is some crazy stuff on the internet if you go looking for it. Its very unfortunate and will be the hardest part of parenting for us. I have seen multiple beheadings, someone live stream themselves committing suicide, multiple terrorists organizations live streaming torture, and even a flogging.

Unfortunately I have memories of all of this in my head, and it was only on a screen. Really puts the troops into perspective and what they deal with when they lived it...

But yes like you said, I don't really understand the rules of the internet and its overlords. Just recognize it as the downfall of modern society. Hopefully, its not a downfall but just a poor moment in time. Not enough kids in church though, I am afraid.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
      Yeah I know. There are bad things out there. Just seems so bizarre how you can go to your local swimming pool and see nearly the same thing that is somehow unacceptable to watch but something people shouldn't watch or film for that matter is there for the whole world to see. Just kinda took me by surprise I guess.

Not really took me by surprise. Maybe more or less confused me. Seems very weird.
      Last edited by okrattler; 06-24-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

But yes I agree with you...the narrative of cops shooting someone paints the cops in abad light, so that is allowed to stay.

You weren't off topic at all. That's pretty much what I'm talking about.

As for the guy getting shot I don't see cops any differently. I thought "Ok he did something super wrong. Won't do it again." It didn't affect me or sway my emotions one way or another and hopefully most people that see it think the same way. I don't know the situation there but I don't have reason to believe the cops were in the wrong.

And I dang sure don't think that girls video should have been taken down and I hope it doesn't discourage her from her future endeavours.

Comment

I almost feel like kids....Or people in general see things that the media wants them to see. Violence,drug use and homosexuality to name a few. People are being brainwashed into thinking the things they see are normal. If you see it all the time it must be normal right?

A guy I work with said he saw a commercial on Nickelodeon that his girls are too young to even understand yet. It had to do with homosexuality. It's all about feeding people's minds a bunch of junk so that they're more likely to think a certain way.

I could be way out in left field with that one. I don't know. But I know it does to some degree because it clutters up my mind with garbage just seeing these things and I think "Man this world is so messed up." Sometimes I have to take a step back and look at the world around me and realize that things aren't as messed up as they seem everywhere you go. You can get caught up in that very easily.
          Last edited by okrattler; 06-24-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            I almost feel like kids....Or people in general see things that the media wants them to see. Violence,drug use and homosexuality to name a few. People are being brainwashed into thinking the things they see are normal. If you see it all the time it must be normal right?

A guy I work with said he saw a commercial on Nickelodeon that his girls are too young to even understand yet. It had to do with homosexuality. It's all about feeding people's minds a bunch of junk so that they're more likely to think a certain way.

I could be way out in left field with that one. I don't know. But I know it does to some degree because it clutters up my mind with garbage just seeing these things and I think "Man this world is so messed up." Sometimes I have to take a step back and look at the world around me and realize that things aren't as messed up as they seem everywhere you go. You can get caught up in that very easily.
            I too find myself getting upset over what my young child sees on channels that are supposed to be for kids. I’ve even looked at my daughter to see how she would react when “progressive propaganda” (or whatever you want to call it) comes on unexpectedly. She is young and has a somewhat confused look on her face after such commercials. I’m surprised she hasn’t asked a question after a couple of the things that have been on before I could reach the remote (All have been on Disney or Nickelodeon).

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post

I feel the same way. From what you see and hear online you’d think everyone in America was all ticked off at each other about racism, a million genders, politics, animal rights, etc but you don’t see it interacting with people in person every day. I think we as a society would be much better off if we got rid of the likes of Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The difference in time people would free up to do more productive things all the while not filling their brains up with all that negativity would do wonders.

Comment

Hopefully dmoe will chime in [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy just sent me a video of a Mexican woman dancing in a two piece and she's got to be at least 70 years old. Ain't gonna do a follow up to see if that one gets deleted.

I really gotta stop watching things they send me. They're idiots.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-25-2021, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    I feel the same way. From what you see and hear online you’d think everyone in America was all ticked off at each other about racism, a million genders, politics, animal rights, etc but you don’t see it interacting with people in person every day. I think we as a society would be much better off if we got rid of the likes of Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The difference in time people would free up to do more productive things all the while not filling their brains up with all that negativity would do wonders.
                    That last sentence is gold brother !!

Comment

Hard for boys to experience “gender confusion” or whatever other stupid term they use, when they see a nice set of boobies they pretty much know they are male and straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Hard for boys to experience “gender confusion” or whatever other stupid term they use, when they see a nice set of boobies they pretty much know they are male and straight!
                        Thank God I was raised in a different time although not all that long ago. There was never any confusion with me growing up and I'm pretty sure not with anyone else in the house either. Especially when I wanted to watch Roger Rabbit 24/7 because I was in love with Jessica Rabbit. She's still hot I don't care what anyone says. Cartoon character or not she's a stone cold fox. She was my first love.LOL

If there was a moment in time that I could go back and watch, my facial expression when I first saw Jessica Rabbit as a child would probably be it. I bet I had a stupid lookin grin and my eyes probably lit up like a Christmas tree. I hadn't never seen nothin like that before.ahahahahahaha
                        Last edited by okrattler; 06-25-2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Anything that further desensitizes death is a good thing to a liberal/communist. Anything fun or otherwise enjoyable is bad to a liberal/communist.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            My son has been binge watching Bay watch ��, he just turned 13. He ain’t confused

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Anything that further desensitizes death is a good thing to a liberal/communist. Anything fun or otherwise enjoyable is bad to a liberal/communist.
                              I feel like that could backfire on them when the people in this country finally get tired of their bullcrap.

Comment

Working...
                              X