Price per sq foot custom home builders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the answers.

OP we are in the middle of a build, but we did get locked in a contract back in October before things went totally crazy.

We are paying basically $135/sqft for living sqft. or about $85/sqft. if you include porches, a large 4 car garage, and about 2,500sqft of driveway.

I would say we are in the mid range. We didn’t go too crazy, but did get some unique things added in.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
      I can see downtown Houston from my roof. Prices have gotten stupid. A remodled 1500 square foot 2bdr 1 bath 60 year old house is bringing $225 K

Glad I am not looking to move........................
      Would be a good time to move out to the country!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        You'd be wrong....OK isn't Texas when it comes to alot of things. Housing and economy included. It is ridiculous but the prices above are pretty much spot on. Houses on 1/4 acre with around 2800- 3500 square ft are going for 750k plus in our area. It's insane.
        Somebody is getting taken for a ride!!!!!

Comment

I can do my work from anywhere, and I’ve been trying to talk my wife into moving for months. We would make a mint on our place and I’m all for Oklahoma!

Comment

$200 per sq' here for a nice custom home. That is home only, no land.

Comment

It seems that its at least $225 for a decent mid-level custom build in our area (Collin Co).
              Have a friend who is a builder doing large custom homes, and two 6k+ sq ft builds currently. Both had lumber packages come in last month $100-120K higher than quoted in March... its insane.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                $225 middle level, $300+ when you start adding good stuff here in our area.
                Richard, the new "spec" homes, in Polo Ranch are going for $200 a foot!

Comment

Not sure how to figure what mine was. $288K

2,250 downstairs living a/c
                  1,250 upstairs un-finished no a/c
                  4,000 total slab with garage and porches.

Comment

We moved into our house in October 2020. We built it for $106 SQF. Stand and seam metal roof, granite, lots of tongue and groove pine on the inside, and tile showers. All the interior doors are solid knotty pine. Our foundation is a commercial building spec slab. It has grad beams and footers, but the grade beams are supported with piers drilled to the bedrock. 2,250 SQF slab with 46 piers drilled to an avg. 17'.

Obviously prices have sky rocketed since than. However, we got a really good deal even at that time. We had quotes from other builders ranging up to $140-170 a SQF. Make sure you shop around.

Comment

Tough one.

Comment

Last edited by Low Fence; 04-06-2022, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Spec home in my area (builders grade $180-$200).
                          Custom will start $250-over $300 pretty easy

What a lot call custom….is overpriced builders grade
                          And that’s not meant to be a dig, it’s just what I see when a lot think they got a steal of a deal on “custom”. It’s apples to pine cones. But they are happy with it, and in the end that’s what counts I guess
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 04-06-2022, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Builders in our area are preferring not to do customs and when they do, an escalation clause is now included in the contract. Material prices and availability continue to be all over the place. Glad I'm retired from dealing with today's market.

My .02 on an old thread that got bumped.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                              Would be a good time to move out to the country!
                              Hell, it's worse out there. People trying to escape the city. #irony

Comment

I'm thrifty.

I'm glad I built when I did. (2019).
                                1984' under roof. 1750' of it climate controlled. Other 240' insulated.
                                $59 per ft including appliances & aerobic system.

Barndo look but really a normal house w metal siding/roof. Custom cabinets, granite counter tops, vaulted spruce ceiling in LR w beam. 6' tiled heated jetted tub w separate 4' shower.

Not fancy, but nice enough for us.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220406-113641_Photos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	24681699

Name:	Screenshot_20220406-114304_Photos.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	24681700

Name:	Screenshot_20220406-113824_Photos.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	24681701

Would been cheaper if Bella hadn't wanted a purple room !

Comment

Working...
                                X