Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
    Beats the hell out of windmills.
    Shoot no! Those solar panels cover a TON of ground. Windmills are just an eye sore. I’ve hunted around a big wind farm. Great hunting still. Solar panels? They cover too much ground

Comment

I heard it was so much an acre per month and they wanted about 1000 acres. So if $500 an acre for 1000 acres it’s big bucks for landowners. Still super ugly!

Comment

We have one going in behind our little 22ac in Rosanky, TX we just bought last year. It will back up to our fence line. They will have a sub station near the high lines and send the power to Austin.

Working to protect local farmland and wildlife from big-city corporate development.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
          We have one going in behind our little 22ac in Rosanky, TX we just bought last year. It will back up to our fence line. They will have a sub station near the high lines and send the power to Austin.

https://www.rosankytexas.com/
          That smells like the previous landowner knew it was coming and bailed beforehand.
          I guess you will have at least one good fence with no cross traffic from that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            That smells like the previous landowner knew it was coming and bailed beforehand.
            I guess you will have at least one good fence with no cross traffic from that direction.
            From what I can tell with the flags in the field. They are making a new setback about 15-20 off the fence to put up their new fence. So they will not have to tie into old fences. We have a creek that runs through ours and their land so I cant wait to see if the water starts to back up once they get it built.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
              I heard it was so much an acre per month and they wanted about 1000 acres. So if $500 an acre for 1000 acres it’s big bucks for landowners. Still super ugly!
              If that is the case the solar people must be dumb as dirt

Would be cheaper to buy the land than rent it at that rate long term

Probably some branch of our current government

Comment

I know my parents enjoyed selling them bulk merchandise at the hardware store when they built a farm. THey sure miss them leaving now.

Comment

Working...
                X